Help! New Fenders... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Help! New Fenders...

JK Front Axle TrussARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 04-26-2013, 01:27 PM   #1
smerrima
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Help! New Fenders...

Long story... I recently bought a 95 Wranlger off craigslist to be a winter vehicle and hopefully going properly off-road with it. It has some rust problems and had to go in for a frame repair. While it was in the shop, I figured to get the biggest problem area (fenders) fixed. I decided on "Smittybilt Front XRC Tube Fenders without Flare in Textured Black" mostly because I like the look, and might be better than stock if/when it sees more dirt/trees.

Body shop guy got back to me that I need some plastic piece for the inside of the front wheel well. I can't seem to find this! Any idea what he is talking about? This is what my Jeep looks like now...

img_3712.jpg  
smerrima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 02:42 PM   #2
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

No plastic in my fender wells up front. What is the name of the part? When I did my fenders stock there was no plastic

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 02:48 PM   #3
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Are you talking about the rubber piece that hangs off the inside of the fender to keep water/crap from splashing into the engine bay?

The "sideways" build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/r...hread-2164793/
Rproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 02:55 PM   #4
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Those plastic retainers for the side marker wires?

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 04:25 PM   #5
smerrima
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I think I understand the problem a bit more. The body shop guy wanted me to replace the inner fender because the new part didn't have one. He thought there was some cheap plastic part that was available to protect computer?

I think he was talking about something like this... but plastic.
http://www.genright.com/ProductInfo....F#.UXr-oXxO6Do

The instructions [now that I actually read them] say to just cut that part off the old fender to use it. I haven't looked at the old part yet to see if it is salvageable. There was a lot of rust on those fenders.
smerrima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 04:55 PM   #6
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Its the inner fender he needs.

Shoulda

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.