Help...need power! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Help...need power!

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 07-02-2001, 01:09 PM   #1
Fido 99

Help...need power!

I just purchased my jeep last week. I found a great deal on a 2.5L with a manual tranny and figured that I wouldn't be on the highway much, so I made the buy. I immediately had a lift installed and put on a set of 33's. Everything's great until I hit the tollway. I can't get her above 63. I don't need to go 80, but about a 7-10 mph gain would be ideal. I read through the FAQ's and some of the old posts, but decided to revisit the topic in an attempt to get some more info. Any ideas or advice? Thanks in advance.

Fido 99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2001, 05:55 PM   #2
bluebellyday

I please allow me to help I have attached a web site to this post that deels only with 4banger jeeps. If there is a way of gitting more power out of that motor they are the ones.
I've got the same motor. SHhhh.. dont tell. helphttp://homepage.mac.com/jyokomura/
bluebellyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2001, 06:02 PM   #3
bluebellyday

Oops let's try again http://homepage.mac.com/jyokomura/
You will ndde to copy and paste this link to your address line.
If it does now work Do a search for 4banger jeeps
Unread 07-02-2001, 06:34 PM   #4
bluebellyday

Why don't someone make a key board for big paws like mine! Sorry about the spelling

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.