Help...maintenance required light - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Help...maintenance required light

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 01-04-2005, 08:44 AM   #1
a204600

Help...maintenance required light

What needs to be changed or fixed to make the maintenance required light go out. I have changed the O2 sensor already. The jeep is a 92 with the inline 6. any info will help.

a204600 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2005, 09:03 AM   #2
traildust

Have you run your codes. Do you know how? If not do the following turn your key on, off, on, off, on the dash light should blink. Something like this two blink a pause three blinks pause that would be 23. This is just an example. You will most likely get one or more codes.
traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2005, 11:08 AM   #3
sentinal02
H2 Recovery Team Member

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by traildust
Have you run your codes. Do you know how? If not do the following turn your key on, off, on, off, on the dash light should blink. Something like this two blink a pause three blinks pause that would be 23. This is just an example. You will most likely get one or more codes.
hey's talking about the maintenance light, not the check engine light.

A20, i believe the 92's used the electronic timers and can be reset at the dealer (or possible other shops). if not and they used the mechanical style timer, the timer itself needs to be replaced or disconnected. it's located under the dash, just above the accelerator and to the right a bit. HTH

92 YJ 4.0L Ax-15 231
5" springs, 1" shackle 31's or 35's depending on my mood
sentinal02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2005, 11:20 AM   #4
traildust

Thanks I didn't know there was one. New at all this stuff.
traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2005, 11:34 AM   #5
a204600

got code, what do they mean

Ok I got the codes, now can someone let me know what they mean:
a204600 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2005, 12:03 PM   #6
Atwater10
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Hello a204600, I don't know if the codes are the same on your '92, but here is
something that I found for a '95:

These codes were taken from the '95 XJ/YJ

12* Direct battery input to PCM was disconnected within the last 50 key-on cycles.

33* An open or shorted condition detected in the A/C clutch relay circuit.

15** No vehicle distance (speed) sensor signal detected during road load conditions.

55* Completion of diagnostic trouble code display on the malfunction indicator lamp (check engine lamp).

I hope this helps.

Chuck
'94 YJ 2.5L/5sp - White Jeep Club #55
Atwater10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2005, 01:11 PM   #7
Questor
1992 YJ Wrangler 

You'll have to have the Maint Req'd light reset at the dealer...Or just pull the bulb as many have mentioned. If you're confident in the new O2 sensor and you remember to replace it in 40k-80k then you'll be fine.

I wouldn't worry about any of those codes except the #15 one - did you disconnect your speedo sensor? Does your speedo work properly?
Unread 01-04-2005, 02:25 PM   #8
RCHavok797
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Take a look at the frequently asked question thread at the top of the YJ forum, it is there for a reason and contains a lot of information.
RCHavok797 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.