HELP - - - JucieBox - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > HELP - - - JucieBox

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-29-2002, 12:04 PM   #1
rollmeover

HELP - - - JucieBox

Is this upgrade worth it for the 258? Has anybody had any experience with this product?

[SIZE=1] 318 - 5.2L, Flowmaster Delta 50[/SIZE]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Silver]--- 00 limited WJ ---[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
[SIZE=1] 287 - 4.7L, sotck for now! new purchase![/SIZE]
rollmeover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2002, 12:27 PM   #2
mitchj01
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Yes,

It is well worth it but I wouldn't buy the packaged deal. I followed this parts list and did it myself.

http://www.jeepz.com/offroad/howto/engine/tfi/

Its easy, hardest part is figuring out how to mount the TFI coil, luckily I had built my own battery tray and it had a good mounting area for it.

I was definatly able to feel better response in the engine afterwards.

1989 YJ 2.5L, stock
mitchj01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2002, 12:29 PM   #3
Mopar guy

Yes it is worth it. I hade a cross fire problem and idle was rough; I put in this system and solved my problems. You can get everything you need at your local auto parts. The coil alone is about $45.00 get it and donít get the cheap Can type! Buy plug wires for the V8 not the 6 (the 6 comes with what looks like two coil wires).
Unread 08-29-2002, 12:31 PM   #4
mitchj01
1989 YJ Wrangler 

As far as the wires go, I bought the universal 8mm Accel so I could cut them to length and give it a very custom look.

1989 YJ 2.5L, stock
mitchj01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2002, 12:57 PM   #5
93jeepyj2.5

Thsi may be a dumb question, but what exactly is a juice box and what does it do?

Sorry, im not a 258 guy.

-Heath

03 TJ Sport.....31" MT/R's on MT Classic II's
93jeepyj2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2002, 02:16 PM   #6
Mopar guy

Juice Box? The system is a distributor cap and coil off a Ford CID engine. Helps with the cross firing problem that the jeep distributor caps are known to have. The cap off the Ford is a lot taller and wider than the stock cap and the ford coil runs hotter as well. I think the term Juice box came from a small company who packaged these few things together and put it out on the market.
Unread 09-02-2002, 11:13 PM   #7
thewoodscrew
2004 TJ Wrangler 

i've installed the cap, rotor, and some 8mm plug wires on my engine, and i can already tell the difference. i'm still waiting to install the coil and some platnium plugs.

Thats not an oil leak, it's just marking its territory

White Jeep Club Member #8
thewoodscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2002, 06:57 AM   #8
Buzzard

Depending on the condition of your current cap, rotor, wires and plugs you may see a huge difference. If all your stuff is already good the difference will be minor, slightly better idle due to the ability to run a wider plug gap and no cross firing above 3000 RPM. The wider gap though will make the acceleration slightly worse, but not hardly noticeable. The Cross firing thing is greatly overated as a problem that this is supposed to cure, unless your really running at high RPMs (which you shouldn't do anyway with this engine) you won't see it, unless of course your stock type cap is bad.
I did it to my Jeep and I think its worth doing if your existing stuff is in questionable shape. You have to make sure you get a good coil though, not one of the $20 units. Your best bet is a Junkyard for the coil and bracket, the stock Ford units were very high quality and seldom went bad, you should be able to get one for under $10.
A really good modification is the Nutter Bypass, it costs pennies and makes a significant difference.
Buzzard is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.