HELP!? (im new) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > HELP!? (im new)

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-03-2011, 06:20 AM   #1
chris447
1995 YJ Wrangler 

HELP!? (im new)

hey all,
my name is chris, im a new wheeler and decided to join this site, im planning a build and currently in the middle of installing a r/c 4inch lift, i have quite a few questions, also my jeep needs to be able to go down the road (im a weekend warrior so to say) but i want as much flex as possible...
1. do i need my rear trac bar? i cant get the bolt out (seised up or somthing) on the bottom side, making my jeep sag to the drivers side so i planed on cutting it off.
2. where can i find the coiled brake line for drivers side front, it broke right at the backet where it connects to the rubber line.
3. are boomerang shackles worth the money over regular shackles? i planned on going 1.25 inch.
ANY OTHER GOOD ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

im kinda on a tight budget due to buying an engagement ring last friday, but il find a way to do things right

chris447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2011, 07:10 AM   #2
dadstoy
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Welcome to the world of Jeeps.......

1. Ditch the track bar. You want miss it and you will get a better ride.

2. Try Quadratec for the extended brake line kit. You will probably need extended lines with that lift. I went with stock until I was uncomfortable with the stock ones. Looked like they were stretching........

3. Have no personal experience with boomerang shackles.
dadstoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2011, 07:33 AM   #3
dillonjm
30mm @ 70/sec

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'll answer the boom question.

The booms help you clear the rear frame brace (when installed correctly) and help prevent spring inversion in the front (once again, when installed correctly).

Personal recommendation, don't go more than 1" lift on shackles.

11 Ram 2500 - 6.7 Cummins (DD/Tow Rig)

05 Liberty Limited (Wife's): Minor mods, OME/JBA Suspension, 245 70/17 Duratracs
dillonjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2011, 08:06 AM   #4
chris447
1995 YJ Wrangler 

thanks, are those brake lines the ones that go all the way? im sure u can picture where i broke it... and also do i need the bolt on bump stop extensions that came with the kit?
Unread 10-03-2011, 08:39 AM   #5
dadstoy
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Yes, those brake lines go from your hard line to your calipers. I ran 3 years without extended bump stops, but have them now. Not sure why I put them on since my front axle misses them at full stuff.
dadstoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2011, 08:50 AM   #6
chris447
1995 YJ Wrangler 

ok, i need that steel line that goes into the rubber line... it looks like a coiled steel line... anywhere to get one of those? or any way to make one? we have plenty of stainless tube at work
Unread 10-03-2011, 08:53 AM   #7
chris447
1995 YJ Wrangler 

my little steel rainbows i have u bolted to my axle are gonna come off tonight too since they not needed... it doesnt give u much room at all with them

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.