Help Im all muddy!!!!! how to clean? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Help Im all muddy!!!!! how to clean?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-25-2002, 08:57 PM   #1
bjg

Help Im all muddy!!!!! how to clean?

Today was my first outing on my new tires and they are a trillion times better than stock (I bought 31x10.5 Wrangler mtrs) the only problem is my dad is going to kill me when he sees all the mud in the engine bay. What the hell can I do to clean it? Im running out of time. I already powerwashed it but mud is still on the hoses and other tight places. I was a little worried about hitting the distributor and such but I think im OK. Any Ideas or thoughts would be appreciated, thanks, Brandon

Unread 03-25-2002, 11:14 PM   #2
mopar_man

I used to detail vehicles and what we did when we washed engine bays was pretty much just pressure wash anything (including distributor and other electronic stuff). It never hurt but everything we worked on was '94 or newer. What I did with my truck (I had a F*rd at the time) was take some plastic bags and twist ties/elastic bands to cover the distributor and other sensitive parts and went at it with the pressure washer. Started right up without a problem after. Don't be afraid to get close to hoses with the washer but don't get too close to the bags and other stuff that might not like the forceful blast. I cleaned some pretty dirty engine compartments in my time (LOTS of oil field trucks and the odd off-road machine). Sometimes it took some time to not blast stuff real close that I shouldn't have but it paid off in the end with a clean compartment. For some of the more delicate stuff, I needed to make it wet and use a scrub brush to get the dirt off. I don't know if that helps any but just thought I'd let you know how I did it.
mopar_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2002, 11:15 PM   #3
Josh

go to an Autozone or any other similar store and buy some engine degreaser, that should make it look as good as new
Unread 03-27-2002, 10:10 AM   #4
jeeping18

id recomend getting SIMPLY GREEN automotive spray bottle at auto-zone and spray it on cold motor, let it sit for 10 min and pressure wash.
works great for me!
-2.5 INCH PRO-COMP LIFT
-31X10.50 PRO-COMP MUD'S
-15X8 EAGLE ALLOYS
-3:73 gears
also a 2000 TJ
jeeping18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2002, 10:42 AM   #5
89 YJ

Ive given up every time i wash it i go into the mud again!
89 YJ Islander, AC,PS, 10 inch lift, 32 BFG MT's, sway quick disconnect, rear track bar quick disconnect, 400 watt 12 speaker cd player for tunes,8000lb warn 8274 with 150 ft cable, and a high lift jack.. Lockers, 35's, webber carb and jacobs ignition comming soon.
89 YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2002, 08:10 PM   #6
4wheeler4CJ

Yeh, true, but you wipe your a** every time you S@it, don't you?
4wheeler4CJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.