Help I'm about to cry!!!!!!!!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Help I'm about to cry!!!!!!!!!!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 11-19-2001, 09:19 PM   #1
Rockwall

Help I'm about to cry!!!!!!!!!!

I bought a 91yj with 200000km on it with a fairly new 4bagner in it (60000km) and also the tranny. I got a 4" sus. lift, 2" body, sye, 27" stock tires. So i was driving down the street and off a stop i hear a loud noise comming from the tranny or the diff.
I was like if some metal teeth somewhere where crinding. The jeep has also laot of hesitation and it did the same noise in 1st, 2nd and 3rd. After getting pulled home i narrowed down the noise, back left tire, but it still seams like something with the tranny or the diff.
if anyone knows how to fix it or even what is the problem pls tell me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rockwall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2001, 09:25 PM   #2
osburn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I'd say the Jeep is pissed cause it's got enough lift for 33s and you're running those puny lil 27"ers. Then again, can ya narrow it down? Is is coming from the tranny or coming from the axle? Can ya put the rear on jackstands and spin it up to be sure?
osburn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2001, 09:28 PM   #3
Rockwall

I just bought 4 31" mud tracks two days ago a was going to put them on wednesday and no sorry i did not have time to check it i just happened 30 mins ago and i got plenty of homework and no time.
Unread 11-19-2001, 11:16 PM   #4
jeffy
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Well, does it make noise when it's rolling and in neutral? If anything you could pop open the diff cover and look at the gears. You can also drain the oil frmo the tranny and see if anything comes out. Won't cost you anything to do that, other then the cost for oil to refill them. That should tell you if it's the axle or the transmission.
Unread 11-20-2001, 07:40 AM   #5
MusicMaverick
2014 JK Wrangler 

You just bought it? How well do you know the seller? Some people will put saw dust in the gearbox to quiet the tranny to get it off the lot and after that it has a tail-light warrenty. If its coming from the wheel it could be a rear axel or wheel bearing.

Past vehicles: '92 YJ, '97 TJ, '10 JK
MusicMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2001, 10:12 AM   #6
Rockwall

I know the guys i bought it from he just had the jeep raised and modified so he could look good, he probably went offraod once or twice, The tranny itself was replaced in 96 i got the bill of it. I got plled by my friend and i had the motor running but in neutral and i did not make any noises. About a week ago my clutch bearing started to squeel, but it had stopped, could that be my prob?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.