HELP getting my C clips off axle - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > HELP getting my C clips off axle

Custom Axle Work at CCORRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 02-07-2007, 07:14 PM   #1
conor.davis

HELP getting my C clips off axle

I have a D35 on my TJ but im posting it in here to get advice from you YJ guys.
I have an Aussie locker in there that is posing the problem because i cant see how the c clips can come off with that locker in the way.
Has anyone else had this problem?
I am pushing in the axle to expose the c clip, but i cant see it.
thanks

2001 Wrangler Sport 4.0, 5-speed, 4.11's, detroit trutrack (front), aussie locker (rear), 4.5'' Rubicon Express, K and N cold air intake, Flowmaster 40 series muffler, 33" BF Goodwrench Mud Terrain, Warn 8,000lb Winch, 6" extended fender flares, Bestop oversize tire carrier, Explorer Pro Comp off road lights.
conor.davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2007, 07:22 PM   #2
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Sometimes you have to use a small poker (for lack of a better term) and rotate the c-clip some so the open area of the c-clip is visible. Then use a tool to rotate it around again so the open end of the c-clip is at the rear of the opening in the diff.

Did you remove the cross-pin first? If not, you won't be able to get the c-clips out.

This is a pic of me removing an 8.8 c-clip fmom my ARB'd F8.8 when I use to have c-clip (don't have them anymore), but this should give you an idea.

Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2007, 07:34 PM   #3
conor.davis

yeah that kind of helps... but there is spacers in there that make it almost seem impossible.. i think its an aussie locker thing. im about to throw that d35 piece of junk in the trash and order a D44 for a couple grand...
2001 Wrangler Sport 4.0, 5-speed, 4.11's, detroit trutrack (front), aussie locker (rear), 4.5'' Rubicon Express, K and N cold air intake, Flowmaster 40 series muffler, 33" BF Goodwrench Mud Terrain, Warn 8,000lb Winch, 6" extended fender flares, Bestop oversize tire carrier, Explorer Pro Comp off road lights.
conor.davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2007, 09:23 PM   #4
93YJfalcon
1993 YJ Wrangler 

If I remember this right... The side gears in a Aussie have a little channel in them for the C-clip to fit out through. It's in the area where the teeth mesh between the side gear and whatever the middle parts are called. If You don't have the carrier facing the right way it will look too narrow to get the clip out through.

EDIT: Check out htis pic
http://www.4x4xplor.com/images/aussi...cker-parts.jpg

The channels are between the cam gears and the axle gears. Just on one side though. You cant see them in the pic, but it goes between the teeth.

http://dirtyfabworks.com/gallery.htm
93YJfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.