Help with emission/vac hoses after fire - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Help with emission/vac hoses after fire

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 04-23-2013, 04:59 PM   #1
shaun1300
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Help with emission/vac hoses after fire

I bought a 91 Wrangler 4.0 5spd recently that had a engine fire that toasted FI wires along with vacuum hoses/fittings. I have replaced injector wires and tried to determine how vac lines were connected even though some hoses/connections were melted. What I would like is some pictures of stock engine compartment and emission/vac routing. I will also put a request in classifieds to purchase hoses and fittings. I just replaced CPS and it now starts but has to be shut off immediately cause it goes to max RPM. I would be interested in your opinions on what causes this, vac lines not connected or wrong or something else. This is my 1st Jeep and I would like to get it on the road without blowing motor. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, George

1-jeep-forum-pix-2.jpg   jeep-forum-wiring-fire.jpg  
shaun1300 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2013, 06:05 PM   #2
kloppk
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Here is the one for a 1993 with the 4.0. It ought to be the same as your 1991.

kloppk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 04:52 AM   #3
shaun1300
1991 YJ Wrangler 

kloppk, thanks for the diagram, that should get me started with hoses and fittings I have. When I get more parts at least I will know where they go. shaun1300
Unread 04-24-2013, 06:57 AM   #4
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds like you are good to go. Here is a pic from my '93 if it helps.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 05:46 PM   #5
shaun1300
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Pictures

Louie4, Pictures helped a lot, especially the second one. I need to come up with the fittings and hoses and run them properly but now I have way to tell where they go. Anyone have a pix of hoses/fittins for 91 4.0 5spd or are they same as 93. Thanks, shaun1300
Unread 04-24-2013, 06:28 PM   #6
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun1300 View Post
Louie4, Pictures helped a lot, especially the second one. I need to come up with the fittings and hoses and run them properly but now I have way to tell where they go. Anyone have a pix of hoses/fittins for 91 4.0 5spd or are they same as 93. Thanks, shaun1300
If you have a junkyard nearby see if they have a Cherokee with a 4.0L. Most everything is the same except the airbox but the vacuum hoses should be what you are looking for. I may be able to dig up some other pics.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2013, 02:12 PM   #7
shaun1300
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Cherokee

I bought a 2001 Cherokee 2 weeks ago with cracked block and had engine replaced. Plan on swapping over hoses that look like they will work on a temp basis. I will go to Pick & Pull and see what they have as well. Thanks for advice. shaun1300

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.