Help Catalytic Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Help Catalytic Question

Labor Day Sale!Clayton Off Road - last day of the Labor Day special!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 10-10-2001, 01:50 PM   #1
J33PBA

Help Catalytic Question

I have imported my Jeep 95 4.0L to the UK
from Saudi Arabia. Just done the emmision test and it failed. It has no cat and failed on CO % VOL. Jeep runs great, but have to pass the test, so I have bought a High Performance Cat from Random Tecnology.
There is no sensor and is not required with this cat as I understand. When I fit this Cat is it going to pass. Lets hope so !

Results of CO % were as follows on failed test.
Fast Idle 1 (2500 RPM) Limit Mine
0.30 0.97
Fast Idle 2 " 0.30 1.24
Natural Idle 0.50 0.63

It passed on HC ppm VOL and Lambda.
Many thanks

J33PBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2001, 02:39 PM   #2
Nightclaw
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Well, given your numbers and what is needed to pass, you should have no problem passing with the RT cat. Just make sure you drive about 20-25km right before your test to make sure the cat is heated up real good, has burned off any lingering petrol soot and is doing it's job. Good luck!
4.0L / AX-15 / Stock NP231 / Stock D30 (open) / D60 (35-spline, Detroit locker, Moser axles) / rear disc brakes / 4.56 gears / Advanced Adapters SYE & CV Shaft / 33" BFG MT-KM's / Thorley Header / Magnaflow Muffler / BesTop Flares
Nightclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2001, 02:58 PM   #3
J33PBA

Many thanks Nightclaw. I'll sleep better tonight !
J33PBA is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.