Help!!!...4.2 bogging down bad on acceleration - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Help!!!...4.2 bogging down bad on acceleration

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Unread 04-25-2013, 10:33 PM   #1
mudsweatNgearz
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Help!!!...4.2 bogging down bad on acceleration

My 4.2 boggs down real bad at half throttle. Idles fine and revs fine until I start to move then boooooggggggg. Crazy thing is this only happens when my 600 pound girlfriend is hanging on to the rear tow hook when I leave for the bar.

Unread 04-25-2013, 11:38 PM   #2
04WJny

1987 YJ Wrangler 

do you have the stock carter carb? there know to be pretty terrible, more so with 600 lb girlfriends hanging on tow hooks
In the process of putting in an 8.8, d30, 4.10's, SOA, and a homemade belly up skid
04WJny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 01:48 AM   #3
Squirrel442
1995 YJ Wrangler 

You need to get the "no fat chicks sticker" or a V8.

I would check your fuel filter, air cleaner. If they are clogged it will cause fat chicks to hang on your bumper.

I have herd bad coil and worn plugs can also cause it too.

Last, check to make sure you did not run over a BBQ sauce packet from McDonald's. If it squirted on the bumper they can smell that from a mile away.
Squirrel442 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.