Hello Fellas..... Need a little help!!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Hello Fellas..... Need a little help!!!!

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 04-24-2001, 03:53 AM   #1
BigWillis91YJ

Hello Fellas..... Need a little help!!!!

This is my first time writing but I get lots of greta ideas from the board. Well here's my predicament. Have a 91 YJ (if you couldn't tell from my username) with the 4.0 and I am getting blowby. In other words I am getting engine oil in my k&n filter and it kinda bothers me. I have a small amount of oil deposit on my exhaust tip as well... but no smoke. No considerable loss of oil in the crankcase but still about a cup of oil every coupla weeks in the air filter housing. Now comes the wierd part. The compression is perfect and she runs like a charm. No hesitation, no nothing, if you ask my baby she'll tell you for all she knows it is still 1991 and she only has 1900 miles. But in reality it is 2001 and she's ammassed 90000 miles. Any help would be appreciated. Oh yeah, I talked to a chysler tech and he mentioned something about a quart of transmission fluid in the crankcase with an oilchange will help to remove sediment from the valve cover and cure any plugs, never heard this before and am a little skeptical. Well thanks in advance for the help.... Spring fever is in full effect and I am ready to get rollin!!!!!

BigWillis91YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2001, 12:27 PM   #2
Tonka
1998 TJ Wrangler 

1. Replace your vaccuumlines that run to the valve cover.
2. Pull the valve cover, remove the breather tubes, clean everything, and re-install.
This should help,it fixed mine completely.
Tonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2001, 04:02 PM   #3
Tonka
1998 TJ Wrangler 

any luck?
Tonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2001, 05:19 PM   #4
BigWillis91YJ

Waitin for the weekend... I'll get back to you. Thanks again Bud
BigWillis91YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2001, 12:59 PM   #5
jeromy

about the transmission fluid.IT WORKS
It really cleans the dirt out.
Back in the day they used kerosine,but tranny fluid is way better.That's all a lot of the engine cleaners are,but way overpriced
jeromy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2001, 08:58 PM   #6
ChevyYJ

Maybe you need a new head gasket? Probably not since you have good compression. Id try a lot of other things before taking 1 full day to change a head gasket!

I just thought I would bring up Head Gasket so you have another thing to add to your list heh. Later!
ChevyYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2001, 03:14 PM   #7
yjjay

about that trans fluid in the oil you just add 1 quart and change it in 3000 again or what? e-mail me thanks
4-banger
yjjay is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.