Hello - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Hello

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitLJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off Road

Unread 01-20-2012, 08:44 AM   #1
jackhammer
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Hello

Well this is my first post. I bought my son a 1990 YJ for $1000 as is. It has a few problems like some rust, slight oil leak, slight transmission leak, broken seats, needs tie rods and some other minor stuff. It has a lift but the previous owner has no idea what it is. It has BDS shocks, stablizer and bigger shackles. The carb is jacked, i did a complete tune up on it and the previous owner called and said he found the brand new weber he bought for it and is giving it to me today. I will be asking a lot of questions and just wanted to say whats up. I also have a JK.

jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 08:52 AM   #2
johnboy68
HIP2BSQR

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Welcome to the world of YJ Wranglers. Your are going to love it! It's going to take all your extra cash and be on your mind most of the time and no matter what you do to it you will always be thinking about your next modification.

I have been, and am, a member of many public forums and this one is by far the best I have ever been a member of.

Search before asking as a courtesy then ask away. Someone is always willing to help.

johnboy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 08:53 AM   #3
ptrcrynn
2008 JK Wrangler 

Sounds like a nice father son project. PB Blaster. and WD 40 for your wallet.
ptrcrynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 09:09 AM   #4
jackhammer
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Well i have been lurking for about a month. I have already put new seats from a Sunfire in it, nice write up in the FAQ section and i have read the Weber carb write up also. I have also gotten PB blaster. I will post some pics when i hit 25 posts. If anyone has any insight on the lift that would be great. The one bad thing its a salvaged title for flood damage. I am a member of a few other forums also, i also have a VW Squareback i am working on.
Unread 01-20-2012, 09:15 AM   #5
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Check the leaf springs for part numbers and then google them. Since it has BDS shocks I'd go ahead and google any part numbers you find on the springs with " + BDS". You'll love the Weber on there. They are relatively simple and easy to tune.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 09:57 AM   #6
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Whats wrong with the 90 TBI ? Mine could go verticle and never stall

My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/4...begun-1237704/
YJames90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 11:05 AM   #7
chicalibro3
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Good luck! I'm sure soon enough, you're gonna want to drive the YJ more than the JK!

Also, please post pics of the square back!
chicalibro3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 11:32 AM   #8
jackhammer
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I dont know that 2011 JK is pretty sweet. The YJ is for me and my son to fix up for him. I will post some pis of the Square when i can

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.