Hei swap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Hei swap

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFGTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 06-13-2013, 07:02 PM   #1
Jambonez

Hei swap

Hi guys
Ive got a 90 4.2l and am doing the HEI conversion. I got a dizzy from a 79 blazer and the oil pump drive has the floppy end on it. Is this what I want or do i need a solid shaft? Also will a 72 AMC V8 gear fit.

Thanks in advance

Jambonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 08:21 PM   #2
bgredjeep
1987 YJ Wrangler 

If the distributor is from a 6cyl it should work. For the gear, pretty sure the v8 gear is not the same. You should be able to use the one from your original dist, but you might have to grind it down a little to make it fit. My OE gear was too tall on my 87. I started grinding it down, but there happened to be another older 4.2 at my buddy's shop where I was doing the swap (78 I think) and the gear from that dist fit perfect.
bgredjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 12:00 AM   #3
Jambonez

My old gear is to loose of a fit on the shaft I have to find one with a smaller ID.
Jambonez is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.