hei help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > hei help

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~** FALL SALE on all Jeep Optic Armor Windshields **Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-20-2012, 04:16 AM   #1
damian H
1988 YJ Wrangler 

hei help

I just installed a crt hei with the adjustable vacuum advance.My question is what is the proper way to adjust the vacuum advance?And yes I know that you use a allen wrench.Just don't know the proceedure.

damian H is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 10:18 AM   #2
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

i can't help you, i don;t know about adjusting the vacuum control on the distributor but i will read when someone answers you
Unread 01-20-2012, 10:55 AM   #3
76_iron
1988 YJ Wrangler 

You really need a dial back timing light, find out where you want the total advance to be then check where it is now and adjust accordingly.
76_iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 03:27 PM   #4
mekken
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I dont know how to adjust it but I installed my HEI from crt without running a vac line to it and it runs great. I just left the cap on the vac port.
mekken is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.