Heavy duty trailer hitch - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Heavy duty trailer hitch

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 02-25-2002, 12:07 PM   #1
NewVAjeeper

Heavy duty trailer hitch

I just bought a 92 YJ and I am having trouble finding a heavy duty trailer hitch. I want to mount a dirt bike carrier to the hitch reciever but need a minimum 500 pound tongue weight. All I can find are class one hitches. I need a minimum of a class three if not a class four. Does anyone know where I can find one? Thanks for your help

NewVAjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2002, 02:26 PM   #2
SFAJeeper

I dont know where you have looked, but you might want to check with Drawtite company. On there website, www.drawtite.com , there is an email address and phone number for types of applications and help with hitch questions.

92 YJ 33" MTR's 2.5" lift
shackles and more junk.
Somebody buy me a lift!
SFAJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2002, 08:43 PM   #3
JK TN

Got mine at Quadratec. It's a 3500 lb tow rating w/350 lb tongue wgt rating, but I've pulled a 16" trailer with 450-500 lb tongue wgt with no problem. It's a 2" receiver. This should work just fine for you. Costs about a hundred dollars.

Hope this helps...good luck.

95 YJ Sahara 4.0L I-6/5-speed, Rancho RS9000 shocks
JK TN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2002, 08:46 PM   #4
evilpsych

*sigh* he really needs the class 4 rating.. i dont think you're going to find one because i believe that 500 lbs is enough to make the front end pop off the ground.. if you really want to carry a dirt bike w/ your jeep, your best bet will be to get a flatbed trailer..

'93 YJ, 4.0, K&N filter, Borla Header, Borla Cat-Back, Hi-Flo Cat, 3 Core Radiator, D-Rings, TruckNuts, MSD 6A, LockRite Locker in D30, Magnecors, Kickass Stereo, 1" daystar, 31" BFG AT's, Homemade Rocker Guards and Front/Rear air-tank bumpers with tire carrier, 15x8 AR-767 4"BS, BDS 3.5 HD lift, AMA A/C Kit, York OBA, GoFerIt 1" MML, 8,000lb HF/MM Winch, Magellan MAP 330 GPS, PRO-2067 500ch. Scanner, oh, and a CB capable of talking to SATURN!

"The Only Thing Necessary for Evil to Succeed is for Good Men to Do Nothing." - Edmund Burke
evilpsych is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2002, 08:53 PM   #5
ebhub

I would definately go with a trailer.I towed a motorcycle plus gear when I moved from Florida to Boston.Properly set up I couldn't tell it was back there except when stopping.
National Tool and others make 4x8 folding trailers cheap.I fold it out of the way when not in use and use to haul everything.Lets faceit NOTHING fits in a Jeep.4wd.com has them for about 100 bucks
ebhub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2002, 06:12 AM   #6
NewVAjeeper

Thanks for the advice. I think the folding trailer is the way to go.
NewVAjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.