Heater Upgrade Problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Heater Upgrade Problems

WJ Tube Doors Now Available!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 10-25-2005, 12:12 PM   #1
wolf3902

Heater Upgrade Problems

I did the heater blower upgrade this past weekend. Everything went well and I put a new core in while I was in there.
The problem is that the next day I started it and the low speed was not blowing at all. turned it up to medium and high and back a few times and it finally started blowing on low. However, it is not blowing as strong on low as when I first installed it. Not even as good as the old motor. Med. an High are still good and more powerful than the old blower.
Any ideas of what to check or replace?

ONE NATION, UNDER G O D
Support It, or Leave It!
wolf3902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2005, 04:36 PM   #2
wolf3902

I'm sure it is some sort of resistance pack of sorts, anyone know where to find this part on the Jeep? The motor only has one hot and one ground going to it, so it isn't in there.

ONE NATION, UNDER G O D
Support It, or Leave It!
wolf3902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2005, 11:48 PM   #3
Tshark299
1987 YJ Wrangler 

The resistors on mine are mounted in the air tube coming down from the cowl vent that connects to the top of the heater assembly, behind the right side of the dash.

'95 XJ - Donated drive train to the YJ, Parted out the rest

'51 CJ-3A - Buick 225 V6: Painless Wiring Harness, Warn Overdrive & Hubs, 2" Lift, 31" Muds
Tshark299 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.