Heater upgrade (amazing) - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Heater upgrade (amazing)

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 12-11-2007, 02:29 PM   #16
92wrangler

well when i did it it was a HUGE difference i dunno why but i can really tell the difference between the 2.

Jason

1997 camaro Z28 Fully forged 355, Stage 3 heads, Gm847 cam, Nitrous,

http://community.webshots.com/user/jc998
92wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2008, 11:09 PM   #17
Ironman23
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeepguy View Post
Late models don't require it as they already have upgraded heater motors. This was changed in the '92 model year. Before then the heater motors were poor at best.
Will a blower motor out of a post '92 work in an older yj?
Ironman23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2008, 09:00 AM   #18
Brandon_YJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Necroposter!!
Well, at least you didn't start yet another thread.

As it is now, if you go buy a new blower motor for a YJ it is the same part number as the upgraded Chevy motor. So I guess it's not a "mod" anymore but rather a "stock replacement" that just so happens to kick ***.
And at $20 for the motor, there's not to get it.
DISCLAIMER: I (usually) browse the web using Elinks in a (text only) terminal. Which means I do not have image viewing support. So if you get confused by my seemingly inability to comment on your pictures, emoticons, etc; now you know why.
If you're still confused click here to see how I view the forum.
Brandon_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2008, 10:24 AM   #19
jeepercreeper77
1990 YJ Wrangler 

i was just wondering do you just replace the motor or the blower and the cage?
90 wrangler,4.2l,1" MML,CRT HEI Dist.,34/34(interco) weber, hurst shftr,5spd,5" BDS lft,f-d30/r-8.8,5/8 lft booms,1" bl,tflex belly up,JB convs. SYE,gdyr mtr35s,hurc'ed,smit src frt bump,gen-r rear bump w/tire carrier,f&r tube fenders,psc knokrs,r gen-rgt ful conr gurds,duel bat.,BIC,m8000
jeepercreeper77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2008, 11:51 AM   #20
Ironman23
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_YJ View Post
Necroposter!!
Well, at least you didn't start yet another thread.

As it is now, if you go buy a new blower motor for a YJ it is the same part number as the upgraded Chevy motor. So I guess it's not a "mod" anymore but rather a "stock replacement" that just so happens to kick ***.
And at $20 for the motor, there's not to get it.
Well i don't know what a necroposter is lol...
Anyways do you have to buy the 92 up yj motor or is any yj blower motor the upgrade now?

PS how's southeast MI doin? I lived in Wixom/Novi area for the last 17 years before i moved out to cali a year ago...
Ironman23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2009, 07:19 PM   #21
Gorgax
1990 YJ Wrangler 

This was an amazing upgrade from my stock 90 YJ.. Everything was turn key except for the firewall opening. I used the ring as a template and scribed the inside. Cut the hole with a jigsaw and was very impressed when I turned it on for the first time. Funny thing was NAPA gave me the big blazer motor as the replacement for the Jeep OEM. If I had not been reading the forums I may have taken it back as it clearly was the wrong size for the firewall... Heh.. It pays to read!
Gorgax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2009, 09:06 PM   #22
buckshot500
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepercreeper77 View Post
i was just wondering do you just replace the motor or the blower and the cage?
With the PM 102 in my 1990 YJ it was just the motor. be prepared to use some careful tinsnips on your firewall though. The new motor has a larger diameter housing to hold the larger junk inside.

Difference in output is drastic, to say the least.

Mine spawns tornadoes, every time I put it on high!

90YJ98XJ
buckshot500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2009, 11:14 PM   #23
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgax View Post
This was an amazing upgrade from my stock 90 YJ.. Everything was turn key except for the firewall opening. I used the ring as a template and scribed the inside. Cut the hole with a jigsaw and was very impressed when I turned it on for the first time. Funny thing was NAPA gave me the big blazer motor as the replacement for the Jeep OEM. If I had not been reading the forums I may have taken it back as it clearly was the wrong size for the firewall... Heh.. It pays to read!
They're the same part number now.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.