Heater upgrade? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Heater upgrade?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 11-25-2005, 08:05 AM   #1
Millinski
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Heater upgrade?

Okay I have to much time on my hands this weekend and have started to search for simple upgrades. I see there is a way to upgrade my heat (or lack of) with a blazer fan. The post that I've read say CJ's and some early YJ's.

Mine is a 90 with the 2.5 does it fall in that range to do this? What all is needed the blazer blower motor and a new heater core? Does the heater core have to be from a blazer also?

33's and 35's

Millinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2005, 09:04 AM   #2
TexMontana

heres a link for a write up http://www.off-road.com/jeep/tech/body/heater.html

did this myself a couple weekends ago and am very happy tons of airr blowing around.... i dont believe there is any need to upgrade the heater core...just the fan

at autozone the part number is PM102 siemans...

i have heard also that the replacement blower motor being built are now just as good as the blazer blower... but not to sure... some here might be able to confirm this

87 Jeep Wrangler Yj 2.5l stock Currie boomerang shackles Blazer blower motor upgrade Cragar 397 w/31x10.5 rubbers Homade Posi-lock
Rochester,NY
TexMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2005, 05:31 PM   #3
Tshark299
1987 YJ Wrangler 

The heater core stays the same, but you might as well check the one you've got in there to make sure it's in good shape. If it looks corroded replace it while the heater assembly is out. If you do take the back cover off the heater assembly you'll need to run a bead of RTV sealant when you put the cover back on.

As for the replacement motors being as good, I don't really see how. When I installed my Blazer motor I needed to cut the hole in the firewall bigger as the Blazer motor was much larger than the factory sized hole. I cant see how a replacement motor could fit in that hole and still be as powerful as the much larger Chevy motor. Just my thoughts.

'95 XJ - Donated drive train to the YJ, Parted out the rest

'51 CJ-3A - Buick 225 V6: Painless Wiring Harness, Warn Overdrive & Hubs, 2" Lift, 31" Muds
Tshark299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2005, 01:45 PM   #4
89YJmoneypit
KMG365

1989 YJ Wrangler 

I was just checking into this.......The PM102 motor was originally for the 73 Blazer without air,but now if you search on Autozone.com it lists PM102 for the Blazer and also for the Jeep CJ and YJ.I'm planning to do it this weekend,I've heard nothing but good about it.Wish I knew about it when I changed my heater core 3 years ago
Red Jeep club #8

97 ZJ Laredo
4.0, 42re, NP242
Was my daily driver, now son's college wheels.

Marseilles Fire Dept: http://www.flickr.com/photos/4461494...th/7659346164/
89YJmoneypit is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.