Heater not working - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Heater not working

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S Exha

Unread 03-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #1
wrestler22115
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Heater not working

My heater worked perfectly fine untill i replaced my dash lights. I put all the screws back in and the next morning there was no heat. I figured it was the switch. So i took everything apart again and wiggled the wires that go to the switch. With the heater control assembly pulled out it worked. Then when i pushed it back into place the heat cut off. I tried fooling around more with it now there is no heat no matter what. It wont turn on. Do you have any clue what it could be?

wrestler22115 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2013, 10:14 PM   #2
Reno72
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I assume you're talking about the fan. The first thing to check is the fuse, since it came on and went back off it sounds like a wire or connection at the control panel, check all those. I tester is cheap and really helps in finding where the power is not reaching the switch.
Reno72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2013, 06:45 AM   #3
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Sell it or scrap it. It`s done for.
jsawduste is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2013, 07:10 AM   #4
RockWoRM
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsawduste View Post
Sell it or scrap it. It`s done for.
Of move to Ca. Don't need a heater here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 CHOPPER View Post
Knowledge is a tool, without knowledge, you are just a tool.
RockWoRM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2013, 09:09 AM   #5
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockWoRM View Post
Of move to Ca. Don't need a heater here.
Darn you Worm. Looking outside at another snowstorm and the long range is still 20`s and 30`s.

Nick is *****ing it`s to hot. I need to move to someplace warm.

To the OP, your 19 years old. You figured out how to take the dash apart. Found what bulbs you needed. Either you did it by trying on your own or you looked/found a how to thread/article.

Ever consider typing in "YJ heater wiring" or "YJ heater blower" in the search function ? Not trying to be a dick but I bet you could program the latest electronic gizmo with your eyes closed.

For the more tolerant of us. At least explain your problem better. As Reno said "I assume your talking about the blower".
Unread 03-16-2013, 09:30 AM   #6
salsomano1a
1991 YJ Wrangler 

does the blower blow at least cold air or its not working?
salsomano1a is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2013, 08:52 AM   #7
wrestler22115
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Its not the mower. I know that 100% sure. I did research on other threads and the closest thing i came to was the vaccum on the back possibly came off.
wrestler22115 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2013, 09:56 AM   #8
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestler22115 View Post
Its not the mower. I know that 100% sure. I did research on other threads and the closest thing i came to was the vaccum on the back possibly came off.
Your YJ has a "mower" ? Is that factory or did you install it yourself ?

The vacuum line(s) are easy enough to reinstall.
Unread 03-17-2013, 10:07 AM   #9
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

So the blower is working and it is blowing air it is just cold?
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2013, 10:13 AM   #10
zweasel
2004 TJ Wrangler 

If when you check the vacuum lines and find that, that is not the problem, take a look at the blower motor resistor. You have the old coil style in that year, you my have broken one of the coils that may have been just holding on. That could be you problem. just something else to look at.
zweasel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2013, 10:17 AM   #11
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

That is what I was thinking Z. That is why I asked to see if the blower was actually working.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2013, 10:56 AM   #12
Reno72
1992 YJ Wrangler 

If the blower is workng but only cool air is coming out, you may have unhooked the cables that open and close your heat/cool air flaps, You should hear the flaps open and close when you pull the levers, you can see under the dash the cables moving the levers, one in the center of the jeep, one on the passenger side firewall.
Reno72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
heater control , YJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.