heater not blowing - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > heater not blowing

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-31-2010, 09:52 AM   #1
ronniez
1995 YJ Wrangler 

heater not blowing

so i checked the fuse and replaced the resistor but my 95 wrangler yj 2.5 will not blow any air. I feel the heat coming through the vents but not blowing out could it be the actual blower motor went sour?

ronniez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2010, 10:29 AM   #2
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Welcome to the forum. You need to check for power on the blower motor connector. Its easy to geat at. look on the fire wall just below the battery and with the blower on use a test light to see if you have power. If you do then you need to replace the blower.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2010, 11:01 AM   #3
ronniez
1995 YJ Wrangler 

will check it out thanks for the quick reply!
Unread 09-06-2011, 01:05 PM   #4
ronniez
1995 YJ Wrangler 

just an update it turns out i was not getting power to the connector so i jumped power to motor and still no spin. I traced the power from the fuse box to the hi low switch behind the heater assembly and found ridiculous amounts of corrosion on the hi low switch and connector. i cleaned the switch and the connector and wamo! we have juice. I then put a test light to the connector to the motor and now i had juice. So i bought a new blower installed it this past weekend and we finally have heat for the winter!
Unread 09-06-2011, 02:16 PM   #5
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for posting back the fix.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 05:57 PM   #6
pasinbuy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry guys, I just can't help it!

You don't need no heater, just open the windows and enjoy the fresh air.

I can't tell you how many times someone here has said this about AC. In S. Florida we rarely use the heater, the AC if we have it we it use allot.

Felt kind of good, thanks for letting me vent a bit.
Martin
pasinbuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2011, 07:41 AM   #7
ronniez
1995 YJ Wrangler 

haha here in new york a heater is definately needed but i hear where your coming from
Unread 10-02-2011, 02:02 PM   #8
schultisdj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I am havin same problem with 2000 wrangler replaced all fuses behind glove box and fan control switch so wat else could it be thanks in advance
schultisdj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.