heater fan replacement - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > heater fan replacement

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!

Unread 02-01-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
BCool83

heater fan replacement

I have a 1993 yj with bad heater fan motor, need some help. I have no idea on how to replace ????

BCool83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2012, 07:40 PM   #2
Turtlecon
2008 JK Wrangler 

How do you know for certain the fan motor is the problem?
Turtlecon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2012, 07:51 PM   #3
BCool83

The blower just stopped mysteriously - got in the Jeep one day and it wouldn't turn on at all. The heat itself works, but not the fan (on any speed setting). I've replaced the resistor, and have power out of the fuse, the switch, and the new resistor...but still nothing from the fan.

I've read other posts saying to check power at the fan, but I can't figure out how to get to the wiring or how to get the fan out of the housing itself.
BCool83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2012, 09:06 PM   #4
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

This is for the heater core.... http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/heater-core-219329/ once you're that far the fan motor is self explanitory.

I would HIGHLY recommend you do that while you're in there.

I'll just put this here before someone comes in and tells you what an awesome modification a chevy blazer blower motor is..... Seimens PM102 is the replacement stock YJ part number for the fan, oddly enough it's the exact same number as the blazer motor "upgrade". At one time this was an upgrade for early model YJ's (pre '92) not so much now, they're all the same motor.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.