Heater Core - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Heater Core

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 07-31-2013, 02:42 PM   #16
tom_sprecher
1991 YJ Wrangler 

If you can get a brass like OEM one they are the best. After a couple of tries at NAPA and getting cores with no bracket I finally got an aluminum one that had the brazed on bracket from Amazon for $59 shipped. It is not as good as OEM since the bracket is soft aluminum and easy to strip when tightening down the two mounting screws. The OEM bracket was steel soldered to the end tank.

Unread 07-31-2013, 02:45 PM   #17
XJ93
1995 YJ Wrangler 

You might not think so but it does reach the water table eventually even through evaporation. If 100 people felt that their local waste water plant could handle the amounts "we produce" that's 400~ gallons of coolant being dumped. Do you really think that's okay? How hard is it to take your used coolant to a local mechanic who probably has someone that picks it up and recycles it?
XJ93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 02:55 PM   #18
bpounds

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ93 View Post
You might not think so but it does reach the water table eventually even through evaporation. If 100 people felt that their local waste water plant could handle the amounts "we produce" that's 400~ gallons of coolant being dumped. Do you really think that's okay? How hard is it to take your used coolant to a local mechanic who probably has someone that picks it up and recycles it?
We're getting way OT here, so I won't belabor, except to say that you said it was illegal, which is not necessarily the truth.
bpounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 03:25 PM   #19
XJ93
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I know I am off topic, but it is illegal as per all states. I'll leave it at that.
XJ93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 04:05 PM   #20
debord97
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Well to play it safe since the heater hoses are long enough you can stick them in a jug to catch all the fluid. See what I did there? Simple fix.
debord97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 10:42 PM   #21
AristosIV
1995 YJ Wrangler 

How do I contact Chicago Deltas

Bears camp is ok, if you plan to go, know that the I57 Bourbonnais exit is a construction nightmare and the posted routes suck. Let me know and I'll give you directions and pointers
AristosIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 08:50 AM   #22
AristosIV
1995 YJ Wrangler 

New problem

My yj 2.5 runs rough
Low power plugs good,injectors good, etc, no one autozone, etc claim they can't scan it
Unread 09-10-2013, 02:23 PM   #23
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristosIV
New problem

My yj 2.5 runs rough
Low power plugs good,injectors good, etc, no one autozone, etc claim they can't scan it
They have odb2 readers the Yj is odb1. There is a key turn cycle to pull codes I can't remember it off the top of my head and searching is a pain on my phone.
Unread 09-10-2013, 02:47 PM   #24
SeanB95YJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
They have odb2 readers the Yj is odb1. There is a key turn cycle to pull codes I can't remember it off the top of my head and searching is a pain on my phone.
key positions are ACC - OFF - ON - START

grab yourself a pencil and paper and sit in the Jeep
turn the key back and forth fairly quickly (WITHOUT STARTING)
ON - OFF - ON - OFF - ON .... now leave it in the on position and watch the check engine light it'll flash the codes
like - flash, pause, flash, flash, longer pause then another code
that example would be a code 12 (write em down, you might have several if there are problems) followed by whatever other codes
the last code should be 55 (5 flashes, pause, 5 flashes) that means end of codes
if you ONLY get a 55, then there are no trouble codes to be had

once you get whatever codes are stored, come back inside and go to Google and search "Jeep YJ check engine codes" for several sources listing all the possible codes
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]Sean B. - Schenectady, NY - 95 YJ, 350/700r4/NP241, JB Shorty SYE, 8.8 rear, 2" BDS, 1" homebrew shackles, Daystar 1" BL, TJ flares, 35x12.50 General Grabber AT2 on 15x10 Bart D-Truckers, Polyshield polycarbonate windshield, HD over/under crossover steering
[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]swap/build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/after-almost-4-years-finally-my-own-build-swap-thread-1542284/[/url][/COLOR][/FONT]
SeanB95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 05:44 PM   #25
bigbossd1030
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Here's the list

I have them as photos so if I don't have Internet I can still see them.

Sent from my iPhone, probably because I am bored at work.
image-377249743.jpg

image-2947241618.jpg

image-3788407287.jpg

[COLOR="Blue"]OFFICIAL JEEPER[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]Any Jeepers in Edmonton, AB
I am on channel 33.[/COLOR]
I live, I ride, I am JEEP.
bigbossd1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 09:19 PM   #26
AristosIV
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Thank you !!!!!!!!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.