Heater Control Cables - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Heater Control Cables

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 08-08-2011, 09:06 AM   #1
lumpymike
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Heater Control Cables

Does anyone have a source for the Small Plastic Clips that connect the Heater and Plenum cable's to the Heater Control Assembly on my 88YJ? I broke one of mine while replacing the Heater Control assembly and I do not think my quick fix is going to hold. They connect the Cable ends to the top of the Control assembly.

388048934_tp.jpg  
lumpymike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2011, 09:32 AM   #2
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Mike those clips arent available. if you look real hard you can find cables on EBAY or a few Jeep specialty places. I think everyone here who has done the HVAC has had the clips break. There is a real easy way to fix it though. I took a dremel and cut 2 slots on either side of the cable just behind where the clip snaps in. I took the cable and put the table in the whole and took small tie wraps and put it through the small cuts I had made and around the cable. It took me 30 minutes to repair and I never have to worry about the cables again.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2011, 09:36 AM   #3
Matt24138
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I think I have one I can spare pm me. I will look I could send it to you.
Matt24138 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2011, 09:48 AM   #4
lumpymike
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que89YJ View Post
Mike those clips arent available. if you look real hard you can find cables on EBAY or a few Jeep specialty places. I think everyone here who has done the HVAC has had the clips break. There is a real easy way to fix it though. I took a dremel and cut 2 slots on either side of the cable just behind where the clip snaps in. I took the cable and put the table in the whole and took small tie wraps and put it through the small cuts I had made and around the cable. It took me 30 minutes to repair and I never have to worry about the cables again.
If I follow you correctly, Notch the "cable"? I just might pull the HVAC out and take a look. Thanks for the information.
Unread 08-08-2011, 11:06 AM   #5
Tallpaul
1995 YJ Wrangler 

A buddy of mine came up with the idea to drill a small hole in the flat part of the control on either side of the plastic piece and use a small tie-wrap through the holes and over the plastic end to hold it in place. Worked pretty well.
Tallpaul is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2011, 11:14 AM   #6
lumpymike
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallpaul View Post
A buddy of mine came up with the idea to drill a small hole in the flat part of the control on either side of the plastic piece and use a small tie-wrap through the holes and over the plastic end to hold it in place. Worked pretty well.
Appreciate the tip.
Thank you
Unread 08-08-2011, 11:24 AM   #7
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I know its been done. I just wish I had pics.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2011, 11:26 AM   #8
Tallpaul
1995 YJ Wrangler 

No pics of actual repair. I have a control for reference, I'll see if I can sketch something up tonight.
Tallpaul is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2011, 12:01 PM   #9
Redlightracer
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I fixed mine with zip ties ! easy and fast !!
Redlightracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2011, 12:20 PM   #10
lumpymike
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for all the help Guys, really do appreciate your ideas.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.