Heater blower upgrade. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Heater blower upgrade.

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 08-18-2008, 11:43 AM   #1
Brandon_YJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Heater blower upgrade.

I decided to do this since winter is coming soon.
Spent all day doing it too.
My 3yo son woud not leave me the hell alone, every 10 minutes I was chasing him down, out of the street, away from the tools/parts etc. Drove me insane!
After 4 hours I finally get it all put back together, hook the battery up and go to turn it on and test it out... but where is the hampster wheel? I thought I had put it on. I look everywhere, only to find out it is in my boys sandbox!
Now I'm contemplating just cutting the housing under the dash to put it in, I really don't feel like taking all that **** back out after the day I've just had.
So I turn the heater on to see if the thing works, and it does, but man is that one noisy motor. I wonder if it's because the hampster cage just isn't on there.(?)
Hopefully this will help out this winter with the heat, I got part #PM102 from Autozone and had to cut the firewall to get it to fit properly. It's odd that they list that part # as the replacememnt but nowhere does it say firewall modification is necessary... even though I knew it would be from the get go.

No I'm going to sit here, drink this beer and probably a few of his friends, and contemplete wether to take it all apart again or just cut the housing.

DISCLAIMER: I (usually) browse the web using Elinks in a (text only) terminal. Which means I do not have image viewing support. So if you get confused by my seemingly inability to comment on your pictures, emoticons, etc; now you know why.
If you're still confused click here to see how I view the forum.
Brandon_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2008, 11:50 AM   #2
wranglerswrock
1993 YJ Wrangler 

just take it apart again. beer will always be there for you when you finish. its like how women are supposed to be... too bad life isnt that easy
wranglerswrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2008, 02:05 PM   #3
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

The second time is much quicker. I did the motor and thought, "no need to do the heater core". Then about a year later the core crapped out and I had to do it again. This time out and back in, in about 45 minutes.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2008, 02:13 PM   #4
Brandon_YJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

After a few homebrews I took it all out again and fixed it "properly".
You're right, it went much quicker the second time around.
Here's the little devil child doing what he does best.

Now's the time to get this done guye, winter will be upon us soon!!
Just make sure you put the hampster wheel in before assembling the whole thing.
dsc_7070.jpg  
DISCLAIMER: I (usually) browse the web using Elinks in a (text only) terminal. Which means I do not have image viewing support. So if you get confused by my seemingly inability to comment on your pictures, emoticons, etc; now you know why.
If you're still confused click here to see how I view the forum.

Last edited by Brandon_YJ; 08-18-2008 at 02:23 PM..
Brandon_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.