Heater - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Heater

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 12-17-2007, 02:35 PM   #1
Tulloh

Heater

Ok I have read the forums as I hate to ask repetitive questions and I have found many people have upgraded the heater and defroster in there Jeep BUT they have the 4.0 engine.

I have a 2.5 stock and the heater puts out very little heat and hardly blows. Has anyone upgraded there stock 2.5 and can give me a few options? Much appreciated.

ST

Tulloh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2007, 02:36 PM   #2
ElvisV04290
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I thought all that stuff was the same no mater what engine you have, am I wrong in thinking this?
1990 YJ, Colorado Red with 'Laredo' markings, 4.2L, TF999, NP231, Valvoline Syn fluids, Weber 32/36, Nutter Bypass, Dana 30/35, 16" Electric Fan, Optima Yellow Top, 140amp alt., K&N Air Filter, Cherry Bomb muffler, SRC Front Bumper, CH&F Shackles, KC 100w Daylighters, Homemade Lightbar, Rear Aux lights, Cobra CB/PA/WX, 102" Whip Ant., 400 watt power inverter, 2 fire extinguishers, Mobile Internet & WiFi equipped.
Daily Driver since April 23rd, 2003

Northern Illinois Extreme Jeep Club Member www.extremejeepclub.com
Weber 32/36 Install -> http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/weber-32-36-install-write-up-382309/
Early YJ Club Member #37
For anyone with a 4.2L --> http://groups.jeepforum.com/258s_Unite
ElvisV04290 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2007, 02:48 PM   #3
EABiker
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Flush or replace the heater core, check or replace the thermostat, make sure the actuator cables are hooked up. One of those will make you sweat!
EABiker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2007, 01:35 PM   #4
nic99007
2000 XJ Cherokee 

i have a 2.5l and the blazer heater motor works great. I just upgraded it about a week ago. what a difference. just go get part number pm102 at AutoZone and switch it out. if you search "heater upgrades" you will find step by step on how to do it.
nic99007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2007, 02:46 PM   #5
NewdRiver_
1985 CJ7 

I have to turn the blower down to the half setting after the water temp hits 180 because it gets too hot

As far as I know, mine's stock.

Cowl vent clogged? I pulled a ton of leaves out of mine before winter.

Also, thought this was somewhat relevant here, might build them:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/better-heat-yj-122052/
NewdRiver_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2007, 03:04 PM   #6
Mark455SD
1961 CJ5 

My Jeeps like a nice and toasty until I get on the highway.
Mark455SD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.