Heater ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Heater ?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineLabor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 01-28-2007, 06:28 PM   #1
allmopar
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Heater ?

I have a 95 yj, the damper doors question.The damper door on the drivers side opens and shuts when I move the controls(floor and defrost).The door on the passagener side always stays open(blend air)The controls dont move it.Is this a vacume door or is this normal?
question 2
I smell radiator fluid when I turn on the heater.I dont think its the heater core (although I may be wrong) there is no fog on windshield or water on the floor,and I see no sign of leaking on the engine that maybe evaporating.

Thanks for all the help

allmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2007, 07:18 PM   #2
blake989
1995 YJ Wrangler 

you've got either a boken or un-connected control cable. If you take off the center dash bezel (around the gages) you can then access the screws that hold the air controls in the dash. If you pull real hard it will come out. On top of the controls there is a turntable type thing with several cables attached to pins on the turntable. As you slide a control lever left to right it rotates the turntable, in turn pushing and pulling the cables which.....control the flappers. The passenger side cable is notorious for seizing up/breaking/coming undone.

If you're not interested in fixing the problem, you can always reach over and flip the flappers by hand, you'll see a little metal bar and gide that you can twist by hand. Good luck, I've been there and done that, and fixed the problem, but it was a major PITA.
Unread 01-28-2007, 07:29 PM   #3
King03Kev
1987 YJ Wrangler 

?1 as said above is most likely a broken or unadjusted cable, I just broke one about 2 hours ago trying to get defrost/floor heat to adjust. I will move by hand till I can order and fix with a new cable. ?2, possibly a very small leak at core that is evaporating before you notice any leaks. A small amount could smell strong with everything closed up.
kevyj87 '87 I6 5spd, 215,000+ miles, Herced, Nuttered, Weber, HEI, RE 4", 1" BL, 4:11's, np231, 33x12.5's, SYE & shaft, 1" brown dog mm, home made bumpers front & rear, Ramsey 8,000lb winch
King03Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2007, 04:57 PM   #4
allmopar
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Just to make sure were on the same page.I am talking about the two flapers on the hood infront of the windshield under the fresh air grill.
THANK
allmopar is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.