Heat heat heat oh and PVC - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Heat heat heat oh and PVC

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 05-28-2013, 06:42 AM   #1
vdubbles24
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Heat heat heat oh and PVC

I have a never ending supply if heat blowing in floor board. I change all settings and still heat at my feet.

How can I make it stop?

Also I've searched with no luck but I remember a guy making a PVC center support for the top to help keep water from pooling up and stuff. Anyone have that link handy?

Thanks
Brandon

vdubbles24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 09:44 AM   #2
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds like your blend door isn't working right. Its under the dash on the left if I remember right.

And as for the PVC support the basic idea is:

Get two T's or one X. Say 3" to 1/2"(these numbers are estimated. You'll need to figure out how big you need it for your spreader bars. And a length of appropriate pipe size(this is the part that will bend)

Cut the top of the T off to form a cup(this will go on the spreader bars) or cut the X in half. File down the edges so you don't hurt the padding.

Stick on end of your pipe in one side and bend it to where you think you'll want the bend to be. If you make a mark where the fitting on the other side starts, add an extra 1/2" to the cut so you keep the same bow you decided on.

I don't have the link or I'd post it. You can probably search for it though.
Unread 05-29-2013, 06:03 AM   #3
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Every Jeep I've owned, and the several others that have been in my family have always put some kind of heat out, regardless of blend door position or climate control setting. I know how you feel. I believe it to be radiating heat from the transmission through the floor boards. Take off the doors and you won't notice the heat anymore.

The "sideways" build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/r...hread-2164793/
Rproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 06:43 AM   #4
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rproject View Post
Every Jeep I've owned, and the several others that have been in my family have always put some kind of heat out, regardless of blend door position or climate control setting. I know how you feel. I believe it to be radiating heat from the transmission through the floor boards. Take off the doors and you won't notice the heat anymore.
Yep especially when you take the carpet out and Rhino line it.
I made heat sheilds to cover most of the exhaust, it helps some but still gets hot.
Unread 05-29-2013, 06:48 AM   #5
vdubbles24
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Mines rhino lined. Only material in cab area is seats. I will say this heater will run ya outta that thing with top on. I gotta figure out something though.
Unread 05-29-2013, 02:52 PM   #6
Luuca
Professional Novice

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubbles24 View Post
Mines rhino lined. Only material in cab area is seats. I will say this heater will run ya outta that thing with top on. I gotta figure out something though.
  1. Leave the heater core in place.
  2. Disconnect the heater core hoses at the thermostat housing on your engine.
  3. Use a bypass hose to connect the two heater hose openings on your thermostat housing unit.
  4. Drain your heater hoses in an environmentally friendly way and disconnect them from the heater core at the fire wall.
  5. Cap off your heater core inlets using plastic or rubber caps. Try auto parts store or online or use duct tape.
  6. Store heater hoses and clamps in a cool, dry place.
  7. ???
  8. Profit.
91 YJ "Alice" 2.5L AX5 D30/35, Rock sliders, Monsta Daughter&Dad Project Yellow Jeep Club Club #91

05 LJ Rubi "Ghost" 4.0L Auto NV241 Rock-Trac D44/44 lockers, 4" Currie Lift, 1" BL, 33s, hardtop
Luuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 08:46 PM   #7
vdubbles24
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds like a plan to me! Thank you never thought of that way

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.