Heat and aftermarket AC quit working - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Heat and aftermarket AC quit working

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 11-08-2013, 05:45 AM   #1
crh878
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Heat and aftermarket AC quit working

Up until a couple weeks ago heat would continually come out of the windshield vents even when it was turned off. I could turn the temperature down and put it on low and it didn't bother me. I could change the setting to floor or vent and it would switch. The system was just constantly running even when it was turned off. Now nothing comes on including my bold-on AC.

A couple days ago it started working ago but wouldn't turn off full blast and the temperature wouldn't turn down and it quit working soon after. The AC still wouldn't work though.

I would assume it was the heater control that's bad but the AC not working either is throwing me off.

crh878 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2013, 01:01 PM   #2
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

its vacuum controlled. look at the thin vacuum line running into the firewall by the intake. the ac is probably a ground. the ac in your jeep is super easy to take apart and work on, i have had mine out a few times for cleaning and doing minor things (like fixing when i put a screw through one of hte tubes)
Unread 11-09-2013, 12:23 AM   #3
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I could only assume it's a switching issue, because the heat and ac systems are completely separate from one another.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2013, 07:50 AM   #4
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

And the ground for the ac system could have come off. Its one thin black wire that hooks above your left knee
Unread 11-09-2013, 06:27 PM   #5
pasinbuy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Your AC and heat are two completely different systems. Find the problem with one then the other. First place to look is fuses. There are no vacuum controls that I can think of only cables. Should be pretty easy to trace.
pasinbuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.