headlights stay on, wont turn off - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > headlights stay on, wont turn off

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippMagnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High Clearan

Unread 01-20-2012, 12:16 PM   #1
bjbrowder
1994 YJ Wrangler 

headlights stay on, wont turn off

Hey guys, I havent been on here in a while but my buddy just bought a 91 4cyl a couple days ago and was driving home, and with the headlights on he switched to high beams, they came on everythings good. When he switched them back to low beams, nothing happened, he turned the headlights off at the switch, nothing happened, then he turn the jeep off and stil nothing happened. So the high beams are still on and wont turn off. I was going to suggest that he gets a new headlight switch and relay, what do you think? What would cause this?

bjbrowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 01:55 PM   #2
scubamc
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Switch and relay is where I would start.
Unread 01-20-2012, 02:27 PM   #3
Mark05059
1989 YJ Wrangler 

sounds like the flash to pass section of the multi function switch in the steering wheel is stuck.

1989 Wrangler Black Bone Stock 2.5l 5spd
/l , [____],
|---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
Mark05059 is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.