Headlight ON then OFF - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 10-15-2004, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
1998 XJ Cherokee 
Headlight ON then OFF

OK so my buddy and I are roaming around on some flat dirt land that a sub is being built on (its night) and I have my brights on. Well after about 10 mins my lights turn off, then they turn back on, they did this about 6 more times till I turned my brights off and then they stopped. Now this has happened to me once before but my brights werenít on. I am pretty sure my Jeep wasnít made in Canada so it doesnít have that daytime running lights thing. Also my passenger side headlight was out one day going to school. When I got there I opened the hood and giggled the wires that connect to it and it worked, havenít had a prob since. Any suggestions on what it might be? Thanks

1998 Cherokee Classic - SOLD

1993 YJ - SOLD :(
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 5 Old 10-16-2004, 05:11 PM
1995 YJ Wrangler 
I don't have a resolution for you, but reading your post made me remember that about 8 months ago mine did the same thing. It's happened I think a grand total for 10 times in the past 5 years. Any knowledge by anyone on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

1995 Emerald Green Wrangler YJ 2.5L, AX-5, NP231 SYE, 33" x 12.50" X-terrains, 6" ProComp CSC, 4.88's F&R, K&N Intake, Banks Power Exhaust Manifold & Cat Back, MagnaFlow Cat, AirAid Throttle Body Spacer, Rock-It 60MM Throttle Body, Mean Green Alternator, Reverse Glow Halo Gauges, JKS Quick-Disconnects, Energy Suspension Body Mounts, Warn Rock Crawler Bumpers F&R, Warn Spare Tire Carrier, Warn 9.5ti, Brown Dog Motor Mounts, Flow-Kooler Water Pump

My RigRater Score: 501RRv1.0 with a BOA of 21.30
post #3 of 5 Old 10-16-2004, 11:04 PM
1991 YJ Wrangler 
try looking at the fusebox, the fuse might not be bad but the actual box can be. mosture can run down there when it rains etc. without knowing. a corrosion buildup can cause intermittent working. i also had/have a problem with the connector on the box side is slightly cracked and sometimes the fuse gets loose. these connection problems can also happen at the switch itself wich i also had.
post #4 of 5 Old 10-17-2004, 02:26 AM
2011 WK 
When I got my Jeep a couple months ago I had one of the headlights out when on bright.I got a new one and it was out too,I got to looking and the female plug that the bright prong goes into had pushed back in the holder and wasn't making contact.I shoved it back in with a small screwdriver and it's fine now.Don't know if this is your problem but you might take a look.
post #5 of 5 Old 10-17-2004, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
1998 XJ Cherokee 
alright sweet. thanks for the help, ill be checking out both of thoes ideas. Thanks again

1998 Cherokee Classic - SOLD

1993 YJ - SOLD :(

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.