Headlight ON then OFF - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Headlight ON then OFF

1984-2001 Jeep Cherokee Front Upper & Lower Control ArSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear BumperFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 10-15-2004, 10:46 AM   #1
JeepDrivr93
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Headlight ON then OFF

OK so my buddy and I are roaming around on some flat dirt land that a sub is being built on (its night) and I have my brights on. Well after about 10 mins my lights turn off, then they turn back on, they did this about 6 more times till I turned my brights off and then they stopped. Now this has happened to me once before but my brights werenít on. I am pretty sure my Jeep wasnít made in Canada so it doesnít have that daytime running lights thing. Also my passenger side headlight was out one day going to school. When I got there I opened the hood and giggled the wires that connect to it and it worked, havenít had a prob since. Any suggestions on what it might be? Thanks
Nick

1998 Cherokee Classic - SOLD

1993 YJ - SOLD :(
JeepDrivr93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2004, 05:11 PM   #2
Wrangler95CSA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I don't have a resolution for you, but reading your post made me remember that about 8 months ago mine did the same thing. It's happened I think a grand total for 10 times in the past 5 years. Any knowledge by anyone on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
1995 Emerald Green Wrangler YJ 2.5L, AX-5, NP231 SYE, 33" x 12.50" X-terrains, 6" ProComp CSC, 4.88's F&R, K&N Intake, Banks Power Exhaust Manifold & Cat Back, MagnaFlow Cat, AirAid Throttle Body Spacer, Rock-It 60MM Throttle Body, Mean Green Alternator, Reverse Glow Halo Gauges, JKS Quick-Disconnects, Energy Suspension Body Mounts, Warn Rock Crawler Bumpers F&R, Warn Spare Tire Carrier, Warn 9.5ti, Brown Dog Motor Mounts, Flow-Kooler Water Pump

My RigRater Score: 501RRv1.0 with a BOA of 21.30
Wrangler95CSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2004, 11:04 PM   #3
fratis

1991 YJ Wrangler 

try looking at the fusebox, the fuse might not be bad but the actual box can be. mosture can run down there when it rains etc. without knowing. a corrosion buildup can cause intermittent working. i also had/have a problem with the connector on the box side is slightly cracked and sometimes the fuse gets loose. these connection problems can also happen at the switch itself wich i also had.
fratis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2004, 02:26 AM   #4
bigwheels89
2011 WK 

When I got my Jeep a couple months ago I had one of the headlights out when on bright.I got a new one and it was out too,I got to looking and the female plug that the bright prong goes into had pushed back in the holder and wasn't making contact.I shoved it back in with a small screwdriver and it's fine now.Don't know if this is your problem but you might take a look.
bigwheels89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2004, 11:27 AM   #5
JeepDrivr93
1998 XJ Cherokee 

alright sweet. thanks for the help, ill be checking out both of thoes ideas. Thanks again
Nick

1998 Cherokee Classic - SOLD

1993 YJ - SOLD :(
JeepDrivr93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.