Headlight adjustment screws - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Headlight adjustment screws

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 02-15-2008, 10:40 AM   #1
durangoyj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Headlight adjustment screws

One of mine headlights has both adjustment screw plastic thingys broke. After several trips to Autozone and Checker I still haven't found the right size one, even though they are labeled for jeep. Any suggestions? The dealer wants $15 for two new ones. I've thought about just getting a long bolt and a couple of nuts and washers and fabbing something, anyone done that before?

Colorado Jeep Club Member # 176

\m/(..)\m/ "Rock on!"
durangoyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2008, 11:13 AM   #2
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgo93yj View Post
One of mine headlights has both adjustment screw plastic thingys broke. After several trips to Autozone and Checker I still haven't found the right size one, even though they are labeled for jeep. Any suggestions? The dealer wants $15 for two new ones. I've thought about just getting a long bolt and a couple of nuts and washers and fabbing something, anyone done that before?
I had the same problem. I just went and got some long, skinny bolts (I can get the sizes when I get home) and some washers. It works out the exact same. The hardest part was getting the stupid plastic part and the bolt off (the plastic part had been pushed through). Spent a whopping $1 on it at Home Depot.
Unread 02-15-2008, 11:28 AM   #3
durangoyj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I'll probably go that route, glad to hear it works. Thanks for the reply.

Colorado Jeep Club Member # 176

\m/(..)\m/ "Rock on!"
durangoyj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.