Headlight - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Headlight

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread Yesterday, 09:53 PM   #1
AristosIV
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Headlight

I only get about 6 months out of my headlights. One will stop working, and within a few weeks, the other will go. I've tried various brands and it makes no difference. My buddy said it might be from the the hard ride and vibration
It's a 95 rio grande. Has anyone else had this occur?
Thanks

AristosIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 09:57 PM   #2
DustyGeneral
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Can't say I've had that problem. Got my yj my in '09. One went out in '11 and I replaced them both because I figured the next was soon to follow. Still have the Sylvania cheapies on that I put on over three years ago. Maybe I'm just lucky?
DustyGeneral is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 10:00 PM   #3
jaycal3
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Have you checked the ground at the light itself? Also, are you sure the light is burning out? I only ask because mine used to go out occasionally and I would mess with the connector at the lamp and it would come back. Do you have high beams??

KCCO no matter what life throws your way!
jaycal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 10:18 PM   #4
whiteyj1994
1994 YJ Wrangler 

bought my jeep in 03 or 04 and have never had to change them. But I am sure they will both go out at the worst possible time now that I said that.
Unread Yesterday, 10:54 PM   #5
JeepEpoch

I dont think it would be a grounding issue if a new headlight works. Sounds more like they are being overvolted somehow (assuming they are actually burnt out).
JeepEpoch is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.