Header - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Header

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6

Unread 04-12-2010, 01:04 PM   #1
digizure
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Header

Hello, it is time to replace my header and I was wondering what you all recommend? I have my eyes set on either Banks or Borla but after some reading, it looks like both headers will crack. Any suggestions? Thanks.

One more thing, it is for a 1993 YJ 4.0L.

M

digizure is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 01:39 PM   #2
wendell
1987 YJ Wrangler 

A stainless steel header like borla will no way crack as easy as the stock cast manifold. I haven't heard of anyone having issues with a SS header. I have the a steel pacesetter header with the armor coat on it, I have had it for 2 years with out issue. Nothing is unbreakable, but I don't see where you could go wrong with getting a good name brand SS header. Some people could break a cotton ball, I wouldn't worry about it. I don't know a lot about banks, but borla makes some top notch equipment.
wendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 01:48 PM   #3
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I have a Borla and while it did make a noticeable difference in performance I have had trouble with the front driveshaft rubbing on it. Sitting parked there is only about 1/2" of room. Just FYI for something to look out for.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.