Head swap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Head swap

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Unread 04-26-2010, 12:55 AM   #1
dadstoys2
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Head swap

Well I picked up a 4.0 head a few weeks back so I can do the 4.0 head swap on my 4.2
Well I checked the #'s and it is the good head from a 93HO cast #7120
Turns out that its the better of the 4.0 heads and flows much better than the other 4.0 heads. So now I am doing so cleaning up on it and porting it mildly. Hope to get it into the maching shop soon to be tanked, milled, water ports welded and checked for cracks.
Here are a few pics

Np435 trans w/ np205
dadstoys2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2010, 10:43 AM   #2
dadstoys2
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Can anyone tell me if the intake is going to be a problem? I plan to use my carb and I am seeing some info on the net that says the 4.0HO head cant use my carb intake. Can anyone shed some light on this. I am not looking to go FI as of yet if at all on this.
Np435 trans w/ np205
dadstoys2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.