Have you ever seen this before...starting issues - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Have you ever seen this before...starting issues

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-19-2013, 06:36 PM   #31
DTR
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTR
No do not have one, and don't know how to use one.
Is it ok to plug the vacuum line that goes through the firewall? It does not seem to affect anything if I plug it into the heater/vent inlet junction. Plug it at the manifold.

DTR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2013, 06:41 PM   #32
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

It is the one for the hvac. If you are getting the tps in tomorrow you will find out if it's bad or not. The ECU doesn't always tell you if something is bad but when it does then it is pointing to the issue. Post back when you replaced it. So what are you symptoms now?
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2013, 07:03 PM   #33
DTR
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que89YJ
It is the one for the hvac. If you are getting the tps in tomorrow you will find out if it's bad or not. The ECU doesn't always tell you if something is bad but when it does then it is pointing to the issue. Post back when you replaced it. So what are you symptoms now?
Well as of right now I have the jeep running and Idling good...like nothing never happened. When I first started it the check engine light came on, the engine stumbled a bit balanced out. I turned it off, then restarted again and the check engine light did not come back on.

So it seems like whatever the problem is its sporadic...sometimes The check engine light comes on...but in general it seems to be running okay.

When I was getting the check engine light. I was receiving 12 33 24... but like I said above the lights not anymore.
Unread 09-19-2013, 07:56 PM   #34
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

You cleared the codes? Was that after you cleaned the iac and throttlebody? I would drive it and see if it is fixed.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2013, 09:29 PM   #35
DTR
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Finally received a new TPS got it installed and reset the battery. Started up perfectly and seems to be running better than ever...engine more responsive and smoother.

No more engine lights!!!

So key learning..not 100% but I think I may have damaged the TPS when cleaning the TB. I removed the TPS and delicately cleaned it with Carb cleaner...perhaps it got damaged.

I ended up changing the IAC, O2 sensor, and TPS...in all not much $$.

Thanks to all for the help...I really learned a lot.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.