Have you done a 4.0 Engine Swap? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Have you done a 4.0 Engine Swap?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 05-21-2001, 11:21 AM   #1
KyJeeper

Have you done a 4.0 Engine Swap?

My 88 Wrangler has a worn out 258 six w/5 speed. Rather than rebuild and continue with carb and emission system woes I am thinking about a later model engine. Will the 4.0 six bolt in, and what problems will I have? What year engine should I look for? What components outside the engine (computer etc) do I need to make sure are included with the engine purchase? I have the weak transmission and have some transfer case woes, so what about bolting in the entire package... engine, transmission, and transfer case? Will the driveshafts connect without modification?

Unread 05-24-2001, 01:48 PM   #2
HUBDEEP
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Yes we have. You have mail . . .
clicky-->Maryland OHV Trails Info
HUBDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2001, 08:44 AM   #3
linuxrick

So this can be done, correct? What else would be needed to convert 258 w/auto to a newer 4.0 FI with auto?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.