have ya ever wondered - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > have ya ever wondered

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-19-2002, 01:31 PM   #1
Gator

have ya ever wondered

Have you ever wondered why people buy things that they have no idea on what it was built for, or they may know but they will never use it the way it was made for .....
back when Chevy went to IFS fronts, trucks were dirt cheap... females loved them & because they sat up high & they could see, but it also rode like a typical car & during this time we'd never thought a a truck would be reaching over 40,000 now
< not ranting on females sorry> the big 3 found a knich & went hay wire with it.... you buy a truck & they is atleast a 10000 dollar mark up fee from the invoice to the MSRP you see

my rant is toward the Rubicon.... great rig... truely awesome, Jeep finally got there head out of the dark side between there legs & made something truely unique & trail worthy, without worries

take a look at the Tj Section," Well its here"
< shaken head> just like when the PT Cruiser came out... the dealers wanted 2500 Deposit & they also charged more than the Msrp, because they could because everyone & there brother was buying them....
now that the Rubicon has came out, people are droping over 30 Grand for them..... & i'll lay $ on that they probably dont have a clue on what it was intended for.... they just say Oh cool, fairly aggressive tires, cool little Rubicon sticker on the hood... but hey what are these front & rear diff lock lights in the dash for...

I guess that ole saying Jeeps are Built not bought stands stronger for me.....
I'm sorry guys & gals, its stupid SH*T like this that drives the supply & demand skyward & allowing the dealers to charge whatever they seem fit on the prices..... all because they can & they know they'll get it
My only problem with all this.... people that truely want one to use in the way it was built for, but sitting in a lower tax bracket than someone else, couldnt have a fighting chance to actually buying one
you know if they killed all the stupid ignorant Pukes in the world we'd have about half the population we do now LMAO
I guess thats what its like to have more $$$$ than Common sense

sorry guys... this maybe the wrong forum for this... but like that other post about the Wrangler VS Grand Cherokee Forum...
i couldnt resist & wanted to know if theres anymore of you that feel the same way i do about this whole situation ?
its not that i'm trying to buy a Rubicon or anything.... but i'd like to atleast see the things used wheeling instead of pounding the pavement like a Guppy

my deal, if you want a jeep... & its your first one... GET A X , or SPORT... & build it to get you around in the Northern country where ya get alot of snow... not a top of the line, loaded to the hilt.. just so i can drive it down the highway & never see dirt, or a pile of rocks

off my soap box... have a great day

Gator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2002, 08:16 PM   #2
Mels95YJ

Well, my opinion on this is if you're already a wheeler and either replacing a 4x4 or planning on getting a new sport, go ahead and get a rubi. For most trail riders, etc., the rubi will be all they'll ever need. For me though, I'd rather have an older YJ or TJ and build it to my specifications. I agree that a lot of people will buy the Rubi just because it's the latest and greatest and never use it to it's potential. Of course, it's no worse than having a bunch of stuff that you'll never use on your current Jeep. Not yours Gator, but people in general. They buy the best winch, lockers, 35's, etc etc when they don't need it. They are just keeping up with the Jones's.

Brad Kilby of Kilby Enterprises just bought one. Actually, he's planning on taking it out for the first time with Evilpsych this weekend. Now, you can guarentee that won't stay stock for long. Besides, he's got his TJ-7 for the hardcore wheeling. My $.02

Mel
Unread 10-19-2002, 10:27 PM   #3
LoOpY

its just sad really. <shrugs> its like people who buy SUVs with leather interiors... do you think theyre ever gonna climb in covered in water mud and grease?
LoOpY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2002, 12:18 AM   #4
rjl2001

Ya I agree with all you guys. I kinda feel the same way about it. I'm sure most owners of the new rubicon will never do anything challenging with it. Sure there are the few hardcore wheelers that can afford one and will use it the way it was meant, but that won't be the majority. It's nothing new though, look at 90% of Land Rover's and Hummer's, they're in the same boat. But ya, IMHO the rubicon is overpriced. None of my friends who aren't into jeeps don't understand it at all. They think thats an outrageous price, and know that most people who spend that much aren't going to risk damaging it off-road. Oh well I also agree with the saying, Jeeps are built not bought.
Unread 10-21-2002, 10:43 AM   #5
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Just think guys .. in 3 years, the first of the lease-backs will be on the lots, or guys will be putting their leases up forsale .. you can get a killer rig for next-to-nothing. If its only been street driven .. you know that there will be no breakage yet .. that's for your pleasure!!!
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

- - - - - - -TEOTWAWKI- - - - - - -

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2002, 08:41 PM   #6
93jeepyj2.5

I agree with Gator 110% about people buying stuff that they dont need, and it makes my head spin sometimes on why lawyers and people like that, that live in NYC drive a Hummer to and from work everyday???

When I graduate High School, Im hoping that my parents will get me a slightly used Rubicon.

I like TJ's in the first place, and would trade my YJ for a TJ with a 4.0 and D44 anyday of the week.

What I like about the Rubicon is that it has D44's with 4.10's on both ends as well as disc brakes, air lockers, MT/R's, and not to mention the 75,000 warranty.

I hope this "rant" makes sense to someone.

-Heath

03 TJ Sport.....31" MT/R's on MT Classic II's
93jeepyj2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2002, 09:53 PM   #7
SeaBee
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
When I graduate High School, Im hoping that my parents will get me a slightly used Rubicon.
Gee, My dad COSIGNED on my '68 Nova loan.
Unread 10-22-2002, 12:13 AM   #8
Jeep4fun

so what, let them buy the rubicon

So what if the lawyer drives a Rubicon only to work and back. Look at it this way. Most of us work Hard to get what we want out of life. So when you take your hard earned money and put into your vehicle, part of your soul becomes apart of that vehicle. that is why this forum exists. That is way every day most of you log on and read it. The guy who goes out and buys the Rubicon just because it is "In" probably won't ever log on. If he did, you guys would probably laugh him out of here.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.