Has anyone used a LUK clutch kit? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Has anyone used a LUK clutch kit?

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 01-03-2012, 01:59 PM   #31
lobukjeep
1989 YJ Wrangler 

We use Valeo clutches at work in our trucks.They suck.Are drivers kept ripping the centers out of them.WE have also used LUK.They were better.We then switched to Phoenix Friction.They were great,took lots of abuse.Never ripped the center out of one of them.Buuuuut then.....We got crappy flywheels from them and they said it was the way we were installing them.lol.So he just lost a huge account.Dumb dumb.

Unread 01-18-2012, 05:53 AM   #32
tomjohn777
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Good thread, I am also looking to replace my clutch and PEP Boys has LUK clutches for $129.I think I will stop in and get one this week. But something that was just mentioned makes me wonder. I only feel it slip in 3rd, the RPM's go up and the engine lags.Other gears seem fine, maybe I just don't notice it as much? But it recently started getting cold here and thats when I noticed it. Could it be something other than the clutch?
tomjohn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 02:28 PM   #33
Scoobicon
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Just put a LUK in yesterday, mainly because my throw-out was sounding a bit like a pencil sharpener on takeoff after 166k+. No complaints in the first 60 miles with the LUK. Hope to get 200k more out of this one.
Scoobicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 02:35 PM   #34
NHfireYJ
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Running a LUK behind my stroker!!! Very happy
BETTY...94 SE, Golen Stroker 4.6, RE 4" lift, 1" booms rear, 1/2" booms front, 1" BL, 35 12.5 15 GY MTR's Kevlar on 15 x 8, AA SYE w/ Woods shaft, D30 Aussie, 8.8 w/ LSD, 4.10, Smittybilt front and rear bumpers, Wildbuilt rock sliders, Cutom tire carrier w/ Jerry can, Hi-Lift, Smitybilt 8000lb winch, Ammo can consol, VHF & CB radio, Herculined, Neoprene seat covers, Hard /soft/ bikini tops.

HUMMER INTAKE. Click here.. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...style-1257285/

FEBRUARY 2013 YJOTM
NHfireYJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.