has anyone ever lifted a jeep this way - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > has anyone ever lifted a jeep this way

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 05-03-2010, 11:00 PM   #16
BlackRhino
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I see tons of trucks around here with lift blocks, some longer than 12"! That's just an accident waiting to happen. As has been said though, they only work SOA.

Unread 05-04-2010, 12:32 AM   #17
samsonitesamson
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRhino View Post
I see tons of trucks around here with lift blocks, some longer than 12"! That's just an accident waiting to happen. As has been said though, they only work SOA.
Even the small ones that comes stock on some trucks just exacerbate (Sp?) axle wrap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnabb View Post
it bolted right up, except one bolt but i didn't need it anyway
samsonitesamson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2010, 07:05 AM   #18
Poke
runtime error = 0

2015 YJ Wrangler 

look under your jeep.
Poke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2010, 07:28 AM   #19
YJhobby
1993 YJ Wrangler 

If you want it lifted cheaply, then you will regret it.

Basically you have to get some combination of lift springs, shackles and body mounts to lift it. There are really no other ways other than to Spring Over Axle (SOA).

Most will recommend that you start with some mild shackles (1/2"-1" of lift) and a mild body lift (1"-2") These both need to be mild in lift height because big lifts in either of these areas will adversely effect your ultimate goals.

With a 1" daystar BL you'll replace stock mounts with extended poly mounts, and with a set of greasable shackles you'll have more flex. These two mods will cost you about $300 total and you'll be much better off than any blocks ever could get you!

Also ditch the track and sway bars and your ride will improve.

[QUOTE=SnowdogMarc] YJ's don't get stuck....they get temporarily impeeded in their forward progress.[/QUOTE]

I'm patiently waiting for the "foot-in-mouth" moment to end... but since I've posted, its not today
YJhobby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2010, 03:41 PM   #20
yjripper
1990 YJ Wrangler 

im not planning on a cheap lift because i dont want to fix and re-fix. somebody just brought it up and i was skeptical but just wanted to see what everyone though
yjripper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.