hardtops - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > hardtops

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 12-15-2001, 10:42 AM   #1
Moseley

hardtops

Do CJ-7 hardtops fit 93 yj's. I thought that someone on this forum said they do. I was wondering cause i spotted a cheap one for $200. So let me know asap. Thanks

Banks Power full exhaust
KC daylighters on windshield
Warn 5x7 55w on the Warn front bumper
Warn rear bumper and tire carrier
Driver Fx race seats
raingler sport handles
diamond plated rear corners
rhino-lined interior

Red Jeep Club Member #40
Moseley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2001, 11:28 AM   #2
cj7kevin
1978 CJ7 

yes...with all my experiences this should work. However, you may not be able to open tailgate without opening your liftgate first. Some yj hardtops are cut to allow the tailgate to open without opening the liftgate first. Also you could just change the liftgate on the hardtop if it doesn't work with your tailgate and spare.
look out for #1 and try not to step in #2. -Rodney Dangerfield
cj7kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2001, 12:07 PM   #3
my litte red yj

yes same as what he said but it also adds weight to the jeep i have a 4 banger and i was going to get a cj 7 top too but living in a hilly area i said no way it is slow now but with more weight it will be slower!!!!
my litte red yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2001, 01:37 PM   #4
glm 87 wrangler

my little red jeep Hard tops only 150 to175lbs that not realy a big deal unless you like to carry your friend around.But in the winter I like mine alot..And it does not realy get that cold down here in North Carolina but it has its days.I usally pull mine off in the spring and just run a kini top and tarp it when i park it if it looks like rain.Thats my cheap alternative,one day i will by me a new soft top need hardware and all.Later
Unread 12-15-2001, 05:19 PM   #5
my litte red yj

yea i go out with my 3 friends and i have a base box in the rear of the jeep
my litte red yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2001, 06:38 AM   #6
dartboy

for $200 make the investment. You won't be sorry that you did. Unless for some reason the CJ hard tops are much heavier than the YJ ones, weight won't be a big deal. I know lots of guys running 4 bangers with hard tops. Doesn't effect their performance at all. After all we aren't driving sports cars here, so a loss of a couple mph's isn't going to kill us. THe hard top makes a big difference in the winter. I wouldn't go with out one. Hey but I'm Canadian what do I know EH?!
dartboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.