Hardtop side glass - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Hardtop side glass

Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-roadBilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CJK Vent Covers - NalinMFG

Unread 06-17-2006, 02:36 PM   #1
vdubstreets
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Hardtop side glass

So i picked up a hard top for free and two problems. one its missing the back hatch which im going to just put plexi glass. and the side window pops out.

i tried putting the window back in with teh weather stripping but it just pops out. is there a glue that i should use in addition to the plastic weather stripping? should i buy a new weather stripping (where can i get that?)

thanks for the input

vdubstreets is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2006, 05:23 PM   #2
vdubstreets
1999 XJ Cherokee 

up.........
Unread 06-17-2006, 09:02 PM   #3
smokeybear
2002 TJ Wrangler 

yup...

You need that thick black adhesive/sealant that they use to glue windshields in place. Squirt a thin bead around the window and press the plastic weatherstrip into the goo. Wait a couple hours before running down the interstate.
Unread 06-17-2006, 10:46 PM   #4
vdubstreets
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybear
yup...

You need that thick black adhesive/sealant that they use to glue windshields in place. Squirt a thin bead around the window and press the plastic weatherstrip into the goo. Wait a couple hours before running down the interstate.
what is the glue exactly called ? where can i get it?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.