Hardtop side glass - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Hardtop side glass

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 06-17-2006, 02:36 PM   #1
vdubstreets
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Hardtop side glass

So i picked up a hard top for free and two problems. one its missing the back hatch which im going to just put plexi glass. and the side window pops out.

i tried putting the window back in with teh weather stripping but it just pops out. is there a glue that i should use in addition to the plastic weather stripping? should i buy a new weather stripping (where can i get that?)

thanks for the input

vdubstreets is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2006, 05:23 PM   #2
vdubstreets
1999 XJ Cherokee 

up.........
Unread 06-17-2006, 09:02 PM   #3
smokeybear
2002 TJ Wrangler 

yup...

You need that thick black adhesive/sealant that they use to glue windshields in place. Squirt a thin bead around the window and press the plastic weatherstrip into the goo. Wait a couple hours before running down the interstate.
Unread 06-17-2006, 10:46 PM   #4
vdubstreets
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybear
yup...

You need that thick black adhesive/sealant that they use to glue windshields in place. Squirt a thin bead around the window and press the plastic weatherstrip into the goo. Wait a couple hours before running down the interstate.
what is the glue exactly called ? where can i get it?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.