Hard Top Removal/Attachment - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Hard Top Removal/Attachment

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 07-22-2001, 05:00 PM   #1
Poseidon17

Hard Top Removal/Attachment

I'll have my first jeep within the month, but was wondering about hard tops. Most likely I'll purchase a YJ with just a soft top, but I wasn't clear on how much of a difference it makes. Do you use hard tops during fall/winter (rougher weather), and soft tops in the warmer seasons? Also, how difficult is it to attach/remove a hard top? -Thanks

Unread 07-22-2001, 07:02 PM   #2
shea324@aol.com

Do yourself a favor and get a jeep with full doors and a hard roof. I bought my YJ with half doors and a soft top (which I later sold for $350). And I upgraded to a Hard roof with full doors. You ill find the only advantage with a soft top is that it is easier to take off. A hardtop is 10X more quiet, does not leak, and is more secure.

I spend a day building a hoist to remove and store my hardtop, but you can buy one from Quadratec for just over a hundred, I think. I have found that i can take the hardtop off faster using my hoist, than the original soft top. Then you can leave the doors on or just pull them off too.

P.S. Anyone looking for a 1 month old gray supertop with rounded corners for a YJ???

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.