hard top question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > hard top question

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 10-28-2007, 06:47 PM   #1
Crotalus
1995 YJ Wrangler 

hard top question

i feel almost embarrassed to ask. so i'm purchasing a hard top, having lived with a soft top and half doors all my life. will half doors (and upper windows) mesh with a hard top, or will i have to buy full steel doors?
Thanks!!

Crotalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2007, 07:12 PM   #2
Douglas S.

chances are that you'll have to buy steel doors
Unread 10-28-2007, 07:13 PM   #3
joe's_yj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

you need the rounded uppers for hard top or full doors
The cheapest way to get a significant power increase over a stock 2.5l, would be to pull it out and put in a 5hp briggs & stratton engine.
joe's_yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2007, 07:14 PM   #4
khalifa30

Depends on your upper doors. Most hard tops have rounded corners for the upper doors, while your soft uppers probably have a more angled corner. You can probably get aftermarket uppers with rounded corners.
khalifa30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2007, 09:07 PM   #5
tooblackdogs
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I struggled with this all last winter. The only real solution is full doors. There may be a fiberglass slider upper that could work but they are pricey. I used TJ uppers and the last peg sat inside the door. The first two pegs drop right in the holes. They actually sealed pretty good.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.