Hard Top Insulation - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Hard Top Insulation

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-29-2007, 04:52 PM   #1
Jim Piszar
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Hard Top Insulation

OK, I know it's a Jeep and it's supposed to be cold and windy. I know if I want a warm quiet ride I should drive the wife's minivan. But,,,,, winters a comin and I was wondering if anyone makes a headliner for the hardtops that secures with Velcro or double faced tape or something. My heater works great but I think a headliner would help allot.

Flame On!

jim

Jim Piszar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2007, 05:03 PM   #2
ggjeep
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Sorry wrong post.
Unread 10-29-2007, 05:09 PM   #3
pasinbuy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

It's a Jeep. No offence but, It's a Jeep.
pasinbuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2007, 05:16 PM   #4
NewhampshireYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f46/soft-hard-top-insulator-333017/

This should help you out.

Will
NewhampshireYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2007, 08:06 PM   #5
jeeepguy
1998 ZJ 

Here is what you are looking for: Wrangler Insulated Headliner

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil"
Doug Patton
Quote:
...We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. ...I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post...
Quote:
I bought the HI-WAY BLASTER HORN that's 139dB and every time I honk the horn an Angel dies.
Quote:
Revelation 13:16-18
16 - He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,
17 - and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 - Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: (Real ID and RFID chips)
Think about it...
jeeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2007, 08:23 PM   #6
FarrellX
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewhampshireYJ

wow, never heard of that before. as mcuh as i want to do this now, i rpobably wont...haha

Mine 1999 XJ
SOLD Hers 1999 XJ 2", 31" MTs
R.I.P. 88 YJ 6 1/2", 36" Iroks, '99 4.0, etc. etc.
FarrellX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2007, 05:33 AM   #7
jeep63

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeepguy
For $200 I'll just put on another sweater!
jeep63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2007, 05:35 AM   #8
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

As long as you get your doors sealed up good and the heater is in good working order, you should be able to roast in there. It would help if you filed out your userCP rig specs with at least the year you are driving. You maybe able to upgrade your heater blower.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2007, 08:52 AM   #9
tony673
2007 JK Wrangler 

I think a roll of R-19 fiberglass insulation is about $8 at The Home Depot.
tony673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2007, 01:27 PM   #10
goatboy
1989 YJ Wrangler 

There's no reason why a hard top jeep cant be as comfortable as any other closed vehicle...to me, a coupla hundred bucks isn't too much to pay for comfort in winter, not to mention the noise deadening factor... There's also that silver heat insulation that the hot rod guys use, you can find it at Summit, JC Whitney, or any number of other suppliers...use 3M Super Weatherstrip Adhesive in the spray can, should work quite well
goatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2007, 03:01 PM   #11
Jim Piszar
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeepguy
Wow, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks jeeepguy! There probably aren't many that would admit to it but I think a lot of people would like having this.

jim
Jim Piszar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2007, 06:27 PM   #12
UltimatE
Resident Audio Guru

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Why not just go to wal-mart and buy a blanket, cut it up, and sew up the edges? Would cost you a lot less than $200 to do the roof.

White '94 YJ Sport
Black '98 ZJ Laredo - 45x60 Surco Rack - 2" Budget Boost, Addco Front Swaybar

Project (s)Low - A build log.
UltimatE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2007, 07:09 PM   #13
jeeepguy
1998 ZJ 

Believe me, the money is woth it. I like finished, OEM-type products, look and fitment and this fits the ticket. I'm not into the ghetto-look much. Well worth it, in my book, and it works great.

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil"
Doug Patton
Quote:
...We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. ...I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post...
Quote:
I bought the HI-WAY BLASTER HORN that's 139dB and every time I honk the horn an Angel dies.
Quote:
Revelation 13:16-18
16 - He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,
17 - and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 - Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: (Real ID and RFID chips)
Think about it...
jeeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2007, 12:28 PM   #14
goatboy
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Jeeepguy, that's right on!!! And the right part almost always works so much better...
goatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2007, 12:44 PM   #15
bobfortier
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Another idea here

Are you using the back-seat ? If yes never mind this idea, but if like me you ride alone, then you could put a windjammer behind the front seats. This will not do much as far as insulation, but it will reduce by half the space to heat on cold days...

Bob
bobfortier is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.