Hard/soft top for 87 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Hard/soft top for 87

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 03-07-2014, 09:46 PM   #1
33chief
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I currently own an 87 YJ. I bought it with 2 tops. The soft top is a best top Sun Rider, flip top. My top is beat up and my upper skins for my half doors are shot. My first question is: 1-what is the cheapest soft top out there that will fit my YJ with the sun rider frame? I DO NOT have the factory frame ....I'm pretty sure that the full hard doors and top are not from a YJ, as the tailgate must be closed first then the back gate/glass closes over it. No side vent either. I'm pretty sure the top and doors are from a CJ, my door corners are rounded. My second question is; 2- what soft top can I buy to go with my full doors? Thanks for all the help

33chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2014, 08:54 AM   #2
XJ93
1995 YJ Wrangler 

You can buy a Sunrider replacement top from any place that sells soft tops. My suggestion is don't go cheap, since you have the sunrider hardware you can really only use the sunrider top otherwise you'd have to buy the whole kit-n-kaboodle top and hardware. When you say your corners are rounded are you referring to the soft upper doors or the full doors? All YJ full doors are rounded and again there are tons of top choices out there that will work with them.
XJ93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2014, 10:09 AM   #3
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

A softopper fits factory full doors also. I love mine.
Unread 03-08-2014, 11:53 AM   #4
33chief
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the advice. I honestly don't want to spend a lot of money on a soft top.
33chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2014, 12:02 PM   #5
XJ93
1995 YJ Wrangler 

superj is the softtopper frameless?
XJ93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2014, 02:40 PM   #6
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Yes sir

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.