Harbor Freight winch - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Harbor Freight winch

Savvy Aluminum BumpersIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 06-11-2013, 08:40 PM   #31
Drix
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillonjm View Post
Hey guys, got a response today from Warn:
Thanks for finding out.

95' YJ 4" lift 33"x12.5r15's D30/8.8 locked with 4:88's
USMC Jeep Club #6
"Why in hell can't the Army do it if the Marines can. They are the same kind of men; why can't they be like Marines."
Gen. John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, USA; 12 February 1918
Drix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 05:39 AM   #32
vadslram
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I'm suprised on the lack of "if it isn't (insert brand name) it is a piece of junk".

BRAVO on intelligent consumerism!
vadslram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 05:30 PM   #33
sportster60441

1995 YJ Wrangler 

I went ahead and got the winch Sunday night. Im hoping I will have time this weekend to install it and report back how it works.
sportster60441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 06:55 PM   #34
lar308

1990 YJ Wrangler 

The biggest issue I consider is it works when Ineed it.
lar308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 07:05 PM   #35
plym49
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I've always been under the impression that all of the value priced winches (HF, Northern, Quadratec, etc.) are made by the same manufacturer but with different paint and decals. Looking closely at the photos, they are all the same or with trivial non-functional differences. My opinion is that if you want a value winch, get the least expensive you can find. If you want a premium winch, get a Warn. It does not seem like there are any winches in between value and premium other than the same value winch priced higher.
plym49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 07:22 PM   #36
Drix
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by plym49 View Post
I've always been under the impression that all of the value priced winches (HF, Northern, Quadratec, etc.) are made by the same manufacturer but with different paint and decals. Looking closely at the photos, they are all the same or with trivial non-functional differences. My opinion is that if you want a value winch, get the least expensive you can find. If you want a premium winch, get a Warn. It does not seem like there are any winches in between value and premium other than the same value winch priced higher.
I talked with a guy who was selling the Engo winches, they are the basic same designs. He said that the diffrent manufacturers did specify their own minor changes. I went with the Engo due to price and they have a sweet carbon fiber look on the cases on their new 10k+ winches.
USMC Jeep Club #6
"Why in hell can't the Army do it if the Marines can. They are the same kind of men; why can't they be like Marines."
Unread 06-13-2013, 07:36 PM   #37
plym49
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drix View Post
I talked with a guy who was selling the Engo winches, they are the basic same designs. He said that the diffrent manufacturers did specify their own minor changes. I went with the Engo due to price and they have a sweet carbon fiber look on the cases on their new 10k+ winches.
I believe you mean that the diffrent vendors specify minor differences. I am sure that they all come out of the same Chinese factory. So you might as well get the least expensive as all extra money does is contribute to someone's margin.
plym49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 07:45 PM   #38
Drix
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by plym49 View Post

I believe you mean that the diffrent vendors specify minor differences. I am sure that they all come out of the same Chinese factory. So you might as well get the least expensive as all extra money does is contribute to someone's margin.
Yah that's what I said.
USMC Jeep Club #6

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.