Hankook 31" Tires on '95 YJ w/ No Lift.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Hankook 31" Tires on '95 YJ w/ No Lift..

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 06-30-2001, 12:27 AM   #1
Scoob

Hankook 31" Tires on '95 YJ w/ No Lift..

Well, I had the Sahara checked out and the guy told me it was in better condition than any Jeep he has seen...other than it neede an alignment. So, I am now a proud owner of my 1st Jeep!
I have a couple of questions I thought I would throw out here for anyone that feels like responding:

1. Any opinion on Hankook Tires?
2. Will 31x10.5x15 tires fit on a jeep
with no lift?
3. If it needs a lift, how high, and what
kind of lift?

I am supposed to have them put on first thing in the morning. !Gracias! in advance...

Unread 06-30-2001, 01:26 AM   #2
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Hankook - Good
31" tire on stock Jeep - Fit w/ some rubbing on full flex

If your springs are sagged out (common), you can have them re-arched to allow the tires to fit properly ..

Laters!
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

- - - - - - -TEOTWAWKI- - - - - - -

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2001, 07:22 PM   #3
smithbuiltYJ

I had 31x10.5x15's put on stock 15x7 rims. the only problem I had was rubbing the springs on a hard turn - a couple washers on the steering stops fixed this. also aftermarket rims with wider backspacing would prevent this also. 1 problem i did not expect was with the bigger spare on the tailgate - my hardtop hatch would not clear the 31. (i now have a swing-out tire carrier on order). I also have a '95 YJ, and have since put on a 2" lift.
happy trails,
Marshall
Unread 07-01-2001, 06:03 PM   #4
osburn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Personally, I think 30" tires are about as far as you should go on a YJ with no lift. You'll rub the springs if you keep the stock offset, which is better than getting them out away from the springs with a different offset and rubbing the flares and wearing them tell tale curves into the flares. No matter what offset you run, you'll be contacting the fenders when you off road. 30" tires are what you want. If you don't absolutely need tires right now, save your money for a 2" lift or something.
osburn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.