Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Hand Throttle

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  lonestar_yj 
#1 ·
On my CJ I had a hand throttle that attached to the shifter allowing me to work the clutch and brake without having to worry about the gas pedal when in rough country and crawling over/around things. It had a trip lever that would disconnect instantaly if needed. Does anyone know if someone still makes them, I cannot find any info on them?

#2 ·
most that I have seen are home made, and use a bycycle brake levar. it is spring loaded, so it goes back to idle as soon as you let go of it.

personally, for the one I made, I used a byclyle shifter levar, with an adjustable tension knob. with the knob backed off, it works just like the brake levar style. however, with the tension knob tightened down, I can set the rpm, and it will hold it(usefull when winching, or running OBA)

#4 ·
rubicon express and teraflex both make them. I just installed my rubicon express this past weekend.

#5 ·
#8 ·
I'm into mine for under $20, including the thumb shifter I grabbed off of a bicycle my neighbor had in the trash pile!

Recycling rocks! :2thumbsup:

Max :cheers2:

#9 ·
I just made one for my jeep. I had a factory cruise control cable from another jeep and a bicycle brake lever. The cruise cable works perfectly, it attaches to the stock bracket on the motor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.