Half doors to full steel doors - '94 body, '88 doors - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Half doors to full steel doors - '94 body, '88 doors

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-21-2009, 11:50 AM   #1
xponce
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Half doors to full steel doors - '94 body, '88 doors

Hey everyone!
I have a 1994 Wrangler YJ "S". I bought it used and my daughter uses it now to go to school until I can afford a new car for her. Anyway, I have a pair of full steel doors that I bought used that I believe came off a '88 model (doors are stamped with 6-88 inside under the inner panel). Right now I have half doors that are squared at top (which I will be selling with the old top, if someone is interested). I want to buy a top that I can use with the full doors but I am having problems lining up the full steel doors on the frame. The striker does not coincide with the latch (about 1 inch off). Are the doors adjustable in anyway either at the striker, hinges, or latch enough to make them fit?? Will changing the striker or hinges to a different year possibly work? I may have read the date wrong stamped on the door, it may, but doubt it, have said 6-86 (door has been painted inside and out since then). Will that make a difference? Any help will be appreciated.

xponce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2009, 11:55 AM   #2
cmsurfer
1985 CJ7 

Yes, the hinges can be adjusted on the door. I had to make some adjustments when I got my full doors. The striker can also be adjusted if needed.
cmsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2009, 12:18 PM   #3
TheNewbie
1995 YJ Wrangler 

They should fit with some adjustment.

My build thread...
I've got a shotgun, a rifle and a four wheel drive...
TheNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2009, 12:42 PM   #4
muddy93
1987 FSJ Wagoneer 

yes, they should fit.
for adjustment, you can adjust both hinges on the door, and you can also adjust the body side of the lower door hinge(however, you can not adjust the body side of the upper door hinge.)
to adjust these, just loosen the bolts a little, move the door, then tighten the bolts.
to adjust the striker, you just loosen it(counter clockwise, like a big bolt), move it, and tighten.

I've got 198? CJ doors on my 93 YJ, and after a little bit of adjustment, they fit just fine.
Unread 04-21-2009, 01:17 PM   #5
xponce
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks guys for the help. That really sets me straight on that. I was getting a little worried. I'll have the pics up when I finish.
xponce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2010, 12:31 PM   #6
SpideYJeep
1992 YJ Wrangler 

CJ doors on YJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy93 View Post
yes, they should fit.
for adjustment, you can adjust both hinges on the door, and you can also adjust the body side of the lower door hinge(however, you can not adjust the body side of the upper door hinge.)
to adjust these, just loosen the bolts a little, move the door, then tighten the bolts.
to adjust the striker, you just loosen it(counter clockwise, like a big bolt), move it, and tighten.

I've got 198? CJ doors on my 93 YJ, and after a little bit of adjustment, they fit just fine.
When you say adjustment, did you have to do any drilling or just loosen-jiggle-squeez? Damn, sounds like a jello commercial LOL
SpideYJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2010, 02:52 PM   #7
domdan69

Loosen, jiggle, squeeze and be ready to adjust windshield also to get all good and tight.
93 YJ I6 4.0 custom welded aluminum front fender, herculined , 33" 12.50 15x8 BDS 2" suspension, M.O.R.E. Boomerang shackles, Teraflex disco's, Flattened and hacked out wells, electric fan to replace stock fan.WARNx8000i,high-lift jack,relocated mirrors
domdan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2010, 02:55 PM   #8
domdan69

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/c...tapics-830099/
93 YJ I6 4.0 custom welded aluminum front fender, herculined , 33" 12.50 15x8 BDS 2" suspension, M.O.R.E. Boomerang shackles, Teraflex disco's, Flattened and hacked out wells, electric fan to replace stock fan.WARNx8000i,high-lift jack,relocated mirrors
domdan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2010, 03:29 PM   #9
burnout189
1993 YJ Wrangler 

loosen the door hinges at the door, and loosen the striker on the jeep. i usually put a piece of cardboard under the door and close it, and then tighten up the hinges. the cardboard will allow a gap so that the door doesnt hit at the bottom.

BARNHART'S AUTO REPAIR
burnout189 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.